e30 airbag steering column nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 airbag steering column nut

Been trying to do a ZHP rack swap on my 91 325i and I need to loosen the steering column nut in the cabin to allow the column to telescope so the rack will align with the mounting holes, but I've been fighting that nut all day trying to get it loose. I know it's a reverse thread and I have tried using the fan clutch wrench. Any tips for breaking that sucker loose??

Originally posted by Yung.Toasty View Post
    Been trying to do a ZHP rack swap on my 91 325i and I need to loosen the steering column nut in the cabin to allow the column to telescope so the rack will align with the mounting holes, but I've been fighting that nut all day trying to get it loose. I know it's a reverse thread and I have tried using the fan clutch wrench. Any tips for breaking that sucker loose??
    I remember how bad mine was. I just dont remember what ultimately got it loose. I know I banged on it. So maybe vice grips and a hammer?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

'90 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Hoffbrohaus View Post
      I remember how bad mine was. I just dont remember what ultimately got it loose. I know I banged on it. So maybe vice grips and a hammer?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
      Yeah thats what I've been trying. I have a clutch fan wrench that fits the nut so ive been using that, a hammer and shit loads of PB blaster... gonna try and fight it again tonight

Comment

CRC freeze off? I always end up having luck using that once I've tried everything else.

Comment

Working...
        X