X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just check mine out when we have another local meet
    Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

Let's put it this way, if you do get them go with their recommended size based on your needs. I didn't listen and made a big mistake! I'm calling them on Monday and switching out my springs or possibly in there case buying new ones cause my suspension is just too harsh :P
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
        False. My car has been on GC's for 6+ years with the stock spring perches in front. It was helpful when I needed to change up the setup and run H&R sports for a while with the same struts and everything (borrowed some stock strut mounts to run on top)

GC's help transform an E30. The only mods I really have are seats, SSK, and suspension and it tears up in Auto-X and at the track, and rides pretty good around town.
        Well if GC didn't feel like you could use your stock one then they wouldn't have provided you with a perch.

It's in the kit, use it.

Sold.......again.

Comment

Originally posted by optimusp517 View Post
          Let's put it this way, if you do get them go with their recommended size based on your needs. I didn't listen and made a big mistake! I'm calling them on Monday and switching out my springs or possibly in there case buying new ones cause my suspension is just too harsh :P
          Actually retract my message haha. It was installer error so the ride isnt' as bad as I mentioned. I have 450/650, but I'm changing out my 650 to 550, something a little less harsh, but overall great setup! VERY HAPPY :)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 91 318is View Post
            Well if GC didn't feel like you could use your stock one then they wouldn't have provided you with a perch.

It's in the kit, use it.
            That's a great excuse. If it's in it, it must be used!

I wish more members here had IQs above 80...

Comment

I have the full GC setup sitting on 600f/700r springs. Its great for tight cornering and I imagine it would suit you well for drifting, but it's on the rough side for a daily driver. My mechanic (who did the original GC install for a PO) likes to say "the only things with any give in the suspension on that car are the tires."
              '87 325ic daily driver and current obsession
              '84 Euro 323i driving around Ohio
              '87 535is rolling around somewhere in Utah
              '89 635csi sold to a nice kid taking good care of it
              '87 325is hit by a schoolbus, may it rest in peace

Comment

Originally posted by G-MAC View Post
                I have the full GC setup sitting on 600f/700r springs. Its great for tight cornering and I imagine it would suit you well for drifting, but it's on the rough side for a daily driver. My mechanic (who did the original GC install for a PO) likes to say "the only things with any give in the suspension on that car are the tires."
                600/700 is rather aggressive for street, that is pretty hardcore, a simple swap of the springs and you will be golden. Are you selling this kit by chance

Comment

450-650 is perfect for the E30 setup. No cutting needed for install. I have had mine now for just over 2 years.
                  Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Just get some 450's for the front. It'll make a huge difference.
                    There's not much change in ride quality between 650 and 700 in the rear thanks to the motion ratio.

I ran 700's on my 4door and really couldn't feel much difference...just a hint more off throttle oversteer.
                    Suspension tips here...
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/album.php?albumid=757

sigpic

Comment

I hate to venture off-topic a tad, but I feel I must since there are so many who have the coilvoers. I just received my GC setup w/ endlinks, camber plates, and modified strut housings. I haven't really looked at what its going to take to install it all though. Is it straight forward? I've been lookin here and on e30tech for some sort of how-to, but cant find anything

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                      Originally posted by DTM190
                      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                        I hate to venture off-topic a tad, but I feel I must since there are so many who have the coilvoers. I just received my GC setup w/ endlinks, camber plates, and modified strut housings. I haven't really looked at what its going to take to install it all though. Is it straight forward? I've been lookin here and on e30tech for some sort of how-to, but cant find anything
                        You're going to have a lot more trouble taking your old stuff off your car than putting together your GC stuff. Straight-forward.

600/700 is a bit crazy. Especially if you can't handle well on a bumpy track.

500/650 is working excellently for me, and 350-475 is good for a daily / fun car.

Comment

Thanks man, I'm aware that removing the old stuff will be harder. I'm just looking for a writeup to follow, unless it's pretty straight forward and easy. I got 450# fronts and I believe they were 700# rears. No instructions, no packing list or anything from GC though and I forget exactly what was decided.

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Oh, sorry. There's usually a few pages with diagrams. But I didn't really use one to put it together.

Place spring adjuster on the strut donut perch (need to lower it down so you can put it all together, then raise later)
                            Place spring on top
                            Add camber plate, making sure all parts are as they should (pretty logical, but don't remember it all - you can do it thinking it through I imagine)
                            Pull rod up through camber plate / tower hole.
                            Add nut on top of camber plate and tighten to strut rod
                            Poke the 3 plate bolts through the tower and tighten nuts

That's the general gist of it. I think I could possibly have a diagram in my bedroom but I've been busy and it's a mess. I'll post if i find it.

Comment

I think the fronts are all assembled since I had them modify some strut tubes for me. The only loose stuff I have is the rear springs, some urethane donuts that look like mounts of some sort, and some threaded pieces annodized red. If u wanna move this from thread to PM or email I have pics i can send.

Comment

Yeah, I was about to say I thought they would have done that.

Rear is crazy easy. Put adjuster on the little bump on the trailing arm, put the cone on the bump above it... fit spring between the two. Rear springs take a few seconds to swap out, which is great for tuning and the fact that there is a big trading market in ERS springs. (honda tech especially) But that's one of the winning pros of ground control which is why they are worth it.

this should be worth a thousand words:

good idea on the PM idea to avoid hijacking, but others may find it helpful.

Comment

Working...
                                X