Ground Controls... Worth it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mike
    replied
    Just check mine out when we have another local meet

    Leave a comment:


  • Jb325is
    replied
    Originally posted by hootie
    What length springs/spring rates are you running?

    I just got my coilover kit set up. GC's with Koni SA's and I still got about 1.5 inches of fender gap in the front, but the rears are tucked. No GC plates...how much will those drop it?

    I am running 600f/700r spring rates with 16" rims.
    Almost an inch, 24mm I believe.

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    Originally posted by 91 318is
    I will tell that I run the coilover conversion with Koni SA's and mine rides great. I also run GC camber plates and love them as well. Only downside to the conversion is that you have to cut your stock perches off the front, and you don't have a lot of adjustment when lowering over the full coilver setup your speaking of.
    False. My car has been on GC's for 6+ years with the stock spring perches in front. It was helpful when I needed to change up the setup and run H&R sports for a while with the same struts and everything (borrowed some stock strut mounts to run on top)

    GC's help transform an E30. The only mods I really have are seats, SSK, and suspension and it tears up in Auto-X and at the track, and rides pretty good around town.

    Leave a comment:


  • 91 318is
    replied
    Originally posted by hootie
    What length springs/spring rates are you running?

    I just got my coilover kit set up. GC's with Koni SA's and I still got about 1.5 inches of fender gap in the front, but the rears are tucked. No GC plates...how much will those drop it?

    I am running 600f/700r spring rates with 16" rims.
    375/450 I think is what I got. Didn't know what rate to get so I called and talked to Bimmerworld and this is what they recommended me. It's a little soft for my liking, the car's a DD and doesn't see any track time.

    Might step up the spring rate this winter.

    Leave a comment:


  • hootie
    replied
    Originally posted by BTP325ic
    get some cosmo's.
    Already got 2 sets ordered because I know the first set will blow out after 1000 miles.

    Leave a comment:


  • BTP325ic
    replied
    get some cosmo's.

    Leave a comment:


  • hootie
    replied
    Originally posted by 91 318is
    Koni's
    What length springs/spring rates are you running?

    I just got my coilover kit set up. GC's with Koni SA's and I still got about 1.5 inches of fender gap in the front, but the rears are tucked. No GC plates...how much will those drop it?

    I am running 600f/700r spring rates with 16" rims.

    Leave a comment:


  • 91 318is
    replied
    Originally posted by theox69
    Billie sports or Koni SA's?
    Koni's

    Leave a comment:


  • theox69
    replied
    Originally posted by 91 318is
    No, I'm running stock length struts. Search on here about the coversion kit, there's tons of threads about it.

    Here's a pic of mine, the rear is about maxed out, I probably have about 1/2 before the adjustment ring will sit on the trailing arm. The front still has plenty of adjustment on the collar, but the shock is almost completely compressed.
    Billie sports or Koni SA's?

    Leave a comment:


  • evil_twin
    replied
    drifting. I know Erick is running them.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    What are you building the car for?

    But yes, I have GC's and am very happy with them.

    Leave a comment:


  • 91 318is
    replied
    Originally posted by evil_twin
    How low does it let you lower it? Could you take a picture of what you cut on your fronts? Did you remove about an inch from your strut also?
    No, I'm running stock length struts. Search on here about the coversion kit, there's tons of threads about it.

    Here's a pic of mine, the rear is about maxed out, I probably have about 1/2 before the adjustment ring will sit on the trailing arm. The front still has plenty of adjustment on the collar, but the shock is almost completely compressed.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30this
    replied
    Im running ground control on my car and I love the way it sits now. I couldnt be any more happier. I will snap a few photos tomorrow..

    Leave a comment:


  • evil_twin
    replied
    How low does it let you lower it? Could you take a picture of what you cut on your fronts? Did you remove about an inch from your strut also?

    Leave a comment:


  • 91 318is
    replied
    I will tell that I run the coilover conversion with Koni SA's and mine rides great. I also run GC camber plates and love them as well. Only downside to the conversion is that you have to cut your stock perches off the front, and you don't have a lot of adjustment when lowering over the full coilver setup your speaking of.

    Leave a comment:

Working...