Help me with my suspension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me with my suspension.

Hello, I know I am new to the site but I have lurked for a while. Ive searched countless times and found some information but just need that extra bit.

I am lowering my 87 325is.

My plan was to go with IE stage 3 springs and billie sports.

So my questions are.

-My style of driving will not be aggressive and hard, just driving around town. Will the springs be too low? I know theyre not coilover low but will I be able to make it over speedbumps and other road obstacles okay?

-What else is reccomended to be replaced when lowering a car? My car has 129,000 miles if that matters whatsoever.

-Will I need camber plates? I know this is a maybe/depends question but do you reccomend them? I have seen yes and no answers when searching but would like a personal reason or reccomendation. If so, I have heard good things about GC camber plates.

I am a newb and am just looking for advice. I have searched and am trying to ask the least amount of questions haha.

Looking forward to having a nicely dropped e30 when its all said and done.

Thanks, Nick.
    1987 325is - S52

The car will be low, but you shouldn't have trouble driving around. Just as long as you take it slow over things like speed bumps ect. I have H&R races (every similar), and i take curbs at an angle and avoid speed bumps.

As for other things to replace, Rear strut mounts are a must. I would recommend a full inspection of all of the suspension components to determine if anything else should be replaced, such as CAB's, TAB's, tie rods, wheel bearings, control arms, front strut mounts (if you don't go with camber plates). That way you can knock it all out at once.

Camber plates are not necessary, but some people like them to return to the stock camber or simply have control of that aspect of the car. You might receive some camber wear without them, but it should only be slight if you rotate the tires regularly. This also depends on what wheel/tire setup you are running.
    -tim
    Originally posted by Jordan
    I like the stance
    -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Thanks for the response. It definitely makes sense to knock it all out at once.

Other opinions would also be great. Thanks.
      1987 325is - S52

Comment

Working...
      X