Couple of questions on KYB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of questions on KYB

Searched through the forums. Saw some good reviews if u cant afford bilsteins to get KYB shocks.

^Are these capable of being paired with some 1.5" drop springs. Gonna find a pair of those. Cant seem to find a kyb/springs combo.

Thanks,
    ben

Yeah, those will work. PM StereoInstaller1 on here if you want a review from a person who is currently using them. He is a big advocate on them. I suggest them for low budget needs with a stock, or near to stock ride height. G/L with the search.
    -tim
    Originally posted by Jordan
    I like the stance
    -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by Philo View Post
      Yeah, those will work. PM StereoInstaller1 on here if you want a review from a person who is currently using them. He is a big advocate on them. I suggest them for low budget needs with a stock, or near to stock ride height. G/L with the search.

Thanks for the reply. So would u consider 1.5" drop near to stock ride height??

Comment

I was running kyb's on 60 mm drop springs...i got them 4 years ago and they're still holding up great , my experiences have been good . Although definitely not as good as the better KONI'S or BILLIES i would buy KYB'S over TOKICKO'S or even BOSE any day !!!!!
        Last edited by delphini; 10-01-2009, 06:58 PM.
        :pimp:

Comment

Originally posted by 04F2504X4 View Post
          Thanks for the reply. So would u consider 1.5" drop near to stock ride height??
          That is very moderate and near stock height. Anything around 2" and below I suggest other dampers. Koni and Bilstein are very good dampers, but sometimes you just don't have the money. I will say there is a definite difference between the koni/bilstein and KYB's, but nothing noticeable on a DD.
          -tim
          I like the stance

Comment

My car isn't stupid low, but way more than a 1.5" drop:

I have about 50,000 miles on mine, they still feel great.

Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Oh yeah, mad props to Mr. Brad Bowen for this photo...he sure makes the car look good.

Closing SOON!

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                Oh yeah, mad props to Mr. Brad Bowen for this photo...he sure makes the car look good.
                For real. That guys work is quality. I have his web page book marked for when I need inspiration. How does he fit in with the E30 crew up there?
                -tim
                I like the stance

Comment

I really don't know, Brad just seems to be around when my car is looking its best.

He makes that camera his bitch, don't he?

Closing SOON!

Comment

Yeah. He says he's using a 5D. I wonder if it's 1st gen or MkII. Anyhow, Full frame cameras FTW. Oh, and luke, your avatar and sig still make my laggy. Stupid safari 4.
                    Last edited by Philo; 02-24-2010, 06:10 PM.
                    -tim
                    I like the stance

Comment

I have vogtland springs/ kyb struts on my 325e. I kind of wish it were stiffer but its a nice ride.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                        mmmm, looks killer in this shot! Have anymore to share?
                        sigpic

Comment

Brads site.

-tim
                          I like the stance

Comment

If you buy KYB, then buy the GR2 all four corners, not the GR2/ Gas a just combo.
                            Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
                            Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
                            Ground Control facebook page

Comment

Originally posted by Hellabad View Post
                              If you buy KYB, then buy the GR2 all four corners, not the GR2/ Gas a just combo.
                              Thanks for the info. :) I've never dealt with them, so I was curious on the difference. Any input?
                              -tim
                              I like the stance

Comment

Working...
                              X