Removing CAB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing CAB's

How in the hell did you guys get these off?

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

3 jaw puller, or just cut them off. You can cut them out of their bores using a sawzall, carefully, or you can use a vise to press them out.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        3 jaw puller, or just cut them off. You can cut them out of their bores using a sawzall, carefully, or you can use a vise to press them out.

Yep some form of a puller yanks them off right quick. I used a 2 jaw that I had laying around, and had no issues with getting them off the control arms.
        I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Round things come out of round holes very easily if you destroy the inner ring, and decrease it's circumference.
          I used a carbide bit, then yanked them right out with an Eiffel geared plier wrench.

I recommend replacement with AKG bushings.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
          Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

i used an air hammer, worked great
            -Andy

Comment

I've got THR's going on so I'm not worried about anything, unfortunately there isn't a motherfucking power tool in sight in this fucking household. (pretty infuriated)

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

bfh
                sigpic

Comment

My buddies lettin me borrow his sawzall, shit's about to get ugly.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

if you use a sawzall to get the bushings off, be careful around the pin end of the control arm, if you fuck that up, accellerated wear will result in the new bushings.

Other than that, I can see no reason a sawzall would not work just fine for this job.
                    I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

Originally posted by scottinAZ View Post
                      if you use a sawzall to get the bushings off, be careful around the pin end of the control arm, if you fuck that up, accellerated wear will result in the new bushings.

Other than that, I can see no reason a sawzall would not work just fine for this job.
                      Ya I figured I'd have to be a bit careful around that part. I'm not worried about the lolipops though I'll probably just blaze right through that.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Wait, you're cutting the lollipops off? That seems totally unnecessary.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                        Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Windex + Any jaw puller.

No need to get crazy here, it's just a rubber bushing.
                          87 325iC 90 325iC 88 325iC 87 325i 87 325iS 87 325eS

Comment

Rented a 3 jaw puller from autozone, came off relatively easy. had to do it four freakin times though, rip off the lolis then the little metal bushing on the inside were next. Had to drill some tap holes in the back of the arms, all easy shit really.

Slid those THR's on without much trouble. Oh and I was gunna cut the lolis because I have THR's so I wasn't using them. But now I still have em if anyone needs a cheap set. They aren't damaged at all and look pretty decent actually.

No sawzall was used during this process.

Still havent driven the car still waiting for that kinda soapy water to dry. But will be lettin you guys know how they feel, i'm stoked to say the least.

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by HarryPotter View Post
                              How in the hell did you guys get these off?
                              GIGGITY !
                              3 pedal club
                              200,k+ club
                              cabrio club
                              port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Working...
                              X