Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richardb
    replied
    Has anyone compared the IRS vs non-IRS mustang shocks? Apparently the IRS are much stiffer (a good thing?!)

Leave a comment:

• MR_SAZ
    replied
    bump! just what i was thinking!!!!

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    replied
    I just found out that the Koni 8641-1210SPORT front struts (for m3s and m-techniks) are backordered through January 30, 2011 :-( How good of an option are the 05-08 Subaru Legacy 8610-1447-Sport for a lowered, not slammed, m20 e30?

Leave a comment:

• MR_SAZ
    replied
    awesome info guys!! anyone tried the 8042-1134-Sport??? double adjustable??
    im running 600lbs rears and want an adjustable shock..

Leave a comment:

• Moto-Mucci
    replied
    Good info

Leave a comment:

• AutoXinE30
    replied
    Originally posted by Mucci View Post
    How much? And are those top adjustable?
    Yes, my pics are of the top adjustables that TCK sells. They're about $168ea, or something close. It's on TCKs website.

I had a conversation with one of the reps from TCK about the modification of the mustang shocks and etc...

"You are correct. It is a shock that was designated for the mustang. No adjustments on our part. We use the TC Kline VVS Alloy springs that allow the best travel range for the shock. We recommend 500# for the rear of the E30"

So the TCK shocks aren't re-valved but they have determined 500lb springs to be the best for use with their shocks. They only modify the shaft for use with the 12mm E30 strut mounts. Without the welded piece on the shaft the shock would just pop through the mount.

Leave a comment:

• Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo View Post
    Also, this sparked my interest the other day. Coilovers that use Koni's. They look legit.

End price is $1100. Look like this.

That's a good price, they've even got tender springs too.

Leave a comment:

• Moto-Mucci
    replied
    How much? And are those top adjustable?

Leave a comment:

• AutoXinE30
    replied
    Some pictures for the people that want to see the rear adjustable Konis I ordered in for TCK for my install and what can be seen as far as modifications go...

Only thing I can physically see is the weld in the shaft. It's at the perfect height to install the strut mount at the proper position.

Edit - Also with 600lb rear springs set to full soft the ride is bouncy, set about 2 full turns front full stiff gives quite a pleasant ride overall. I'm not sure people using high rear rates would be able to use these shocks without having them revalved.

Leave a comment:

• Moto-Mucci
    replied
    Ahh that makes sense. Looks like the whole system is about 80mm shorter hah.

Leave a comment:

• Philo
    replied

The only thing that concerns me is the unknown spring rates. Also I found some very helpful info on ECS's site.

"Please Note: Lowering specs is used for DOT approval legalities typically FK systems can go lower than what is spec'd."

Leave a comment:

• Moto-Mucci
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo View Post
    That's what LedJetta has on his car. You've seen it in person, so be the judge if it was low enough. Where he is at is plenty low for me.
    Really? Hmh why did I think he was running a different setup...
    If that's the case then that's a good deal.

Doesn't make sense though. He's definitley lower then 80mm from stock.

Leave a comment:

• Philo
    replied
    That's what LedJetta has on his car. You've seen it in person, so be the judge if it was low enough. Where he is at is plenty low for me.

Leave a comment:

• Moto-Mucci
    replied
    Hmh, that's a pretty good price, but 40-80mm isn't shit on these cars.

When running shorter shocks you usually drop the perch 40mm (1.5") then have the 55mm (2.25in) of adjustability beyond that with the actual coilover.

Leave a comment:

• Philo
    replied
    Also, this sparked my interest the other day. Coilovers that use Koni's. They look legit.

End price is $1100. Look like this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X