Drop Hats.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardkeith97 View Post
    i guess its good and bad. mine obvi drop it more. but those do the trick and are a dif option. with my drop hats and the stock washer the drop hat is just barely touching the strut mount. if you keep the rubber spring pad in mine it will lower if 15mm. if you take it out its a little more. i'm happy with those results. i wish i had that tool so i could do that with mine to show but people who have installed them know that its just barely touching.

Richard,
    I hope there are no hard feelings. They obviously drop the car different amounts and are different parts. For what it's worth, this will probably stay on R3V for a while so you can sell your parts off on eBay and I wouldn't doubt if there are still many people here that want the maximum drop possible.
    -Eric

Comment

Originally posted by sarcasmkillsme View Post
      Oh snap! $24 OEM mounts to be picked up tomarrow.
      +1
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by sarcasmkillsme View Post
        Oh snap! Feel sorry for everyone that dropped $100 on $24 OEM mounts.
        Nobody spent $100 on $24 OEM mounts. These are different parts than the 15mm drop hats being sold and will give you around a 10mm or so drop if you keep the rubber spring cushions in there.

Comment

Originally posted by richardkeith97
          so they are 10mm drop hats?? i feel that that wouldnt even be noticeable on most cars and wouldnt even be worth the time it takes to install. even 15mm is cutting it close. its pretty much 10mm. remove spring pads and get 15mm. mine are 15mm. remove spring pads and get 20mm's.
          The E90 parts are probably more like 12mm drop hats with the rubber spring pads in there....15mm drop without spring pads.

Comment

^^ good enough for me! can't complain for 25 bucks....
            Slamburglars Handbook:

5. Slamburglars don't get stuck on speed bumps, speed bumps get stuck on Slamburglars

Comment

I ordered a set this morning when i first saw this thread unfolding. It was $20 for the pair, MacBudd cost. he said they might be in tomorrow. What a discovery! i will probably put these in all my cars from here on out. i will try and measure the actual drop when i install these. probably be on friday.
              1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
              2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
              2003 X5 3.0

Comment

so i must say i'm kinda bummed out. my unemployment ran out this month and i cant get a job because of my smashed finger. this was my only income. no ones going to hire me with my finger all wrapped up.

Comment

so they are 10mm drop hats?? i feel that that wouldnt even be noticeable on most cars and wouldnt even be worth the time it takes to install. even 15mm is cutting it close.
                  i don't think i'd be happy if the front of my car was 5mm higher. its like right on that verge of being low enough.
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWentWong View Post
                    Who gave YOU a map?

I say again: let's hypothesize that Richard really was selling E90 hats, I am onboard with RIchard capitalizing on this bit of exclusive knowledge, making some money off it - until it's in the open, at which point I expect him to be straight up about it on all future ebay or R3V transactions, and that his pricing would reflect the fact that they are rebadged E90 hats. I was that transaction. The hats that I bought from him had not shipped at the time of my original post, and I wanted this fuck-up to clear before Richard ships. I didn't tell Richard to refund me, I didn't say give me a better deal, I said to hold off. He can insist on shipping, but I can also insist on returning them once they showed up on my doorstep. I was trying to avoid that.

I say again: I am now clear on what Richard is selling - custom E30 15mm hats. Good on him for putting these hats together. I am committed to buying them, and keeping them. So, get the fuck outta here, Captain America. Go rant about me in the "why you hate Canadians" thread, or practice more hockey.
                    Nah, you just whined like a little bitch on a public forum. Let me get this right then, your purpose in the original post was to stop Richard from shipping. But not get a refund. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I don't hate Canadians. I just strongly dislike you. And not because you're Canadian, just because you're an asshole. To imply someone ripped you off by selling something that's potentially more expensive than someone else just shows how stupid you are.
                    Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

dang I can't be mad at any of ya'll... but, I'm glad I waited to get my drop hats... Gonna run to the dealership this week and get me a pair of the E90...
                      :D

Thanks for the research EMC and goodluck with your sales Richard... I'm sure you can still get some sales on Ebay or Craigslist...

AutoX w/ a Roof Rack for extra Aerodynamics...

Comment

I have had PM's asking me for the part numbers of the E90 spring hats, so I'll just post it here.

31 33 6 764 093

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...16&hg=31&fg=10

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
                          Nah, you just whined like a little bitch on a public forum. Let me get this right then, your purpose in the original post was to stop Richard from shipping. But not get a refund. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I don't hate Canadians. I just strongly dislike you. And not because you're Canadian, just because you're an asshole. To imply someone ripped you off by selling something that's potentially more expensive than someone else just shows how stupid you are.
                          k.

Comment

i purchased the drophats from richard a few weeks ago for full price. Does it suck that the price dropped to $85? Yeah but that's just how it is and I have no regrets. As far as the 15mm drop, you can indeed see the difference but I wish they were 20mm drop hats. However I'm still happy with the 15mm. It's a lot better than the huge gap I had using HR Sport springs. So I don't know if it would be worth it to purchase the e90 ones that lower 10mm if you keep the spring pad. I think I read that you can get it to around 15mm w/out the spring pad though? Any potential damage by not having that piece?

Comment

I dont thing i would remove my upper spring pad with these unless you paint them. Even then the paint would rub off. Has anyone seen what happens when you put steel and aluminum together. It makes a chemical reaction and corodes. Other then that theirs no problem.

Comment

^^^ Annnnnd when someone buys aftermarket springs they are usually powder coated thickly sooooo i see no problem with running no spring pads.....
                                Slamburglars Handbook:

5. Slamburglars don't get stuck on speed bumps, speed bumps get stuck on Slamburglars

Comment

Working...
                                X