No announcement yet.

Drop Hats.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i totally see a very noticeable ride height difference in both posts. Non-enthusiasts and women and gay men will never see a difference, however...

and BTW, to the OP, AWESOME!!!! i am so happy. finally, some affordable drop hats. I am calling the dealership tomorrow first thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MacBudd541 View Post
      The mtech valence is in terrible shape, its been all hacked up to go on a db car. the zender is in very good shape and i have a few other zender pieces in the works, should turn out nice. And its not like the mtech went anywhere, can put it back on anytime.
      Mac,
      Did you get that M-Tech I valence from the Lumbra's?
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Just stick to oem or BMW original parts!!

Simplicity is your best option!

Comment

Originally posted by E30Nova View Post
          Honestly I see no difference in the before and after shots in this thread. It's like a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles hair difference. Doesn't seem like it's worth the money or time to take the front suspension apart for a 0.39" drop.

Just sayin.

Matt
          seriously

Comment

Originally posted by richardkeith97 View Post
            seriously
            You're right. But .59" is way worth it.

Why don't you complain about your finger some more so we can feel bad for you and buy your drop hats.
            -tim
            Originally posted by Jordan
            I like the stance
            -Coining hip terms since 10/9/03

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
              Mac,
              Did you get that M-Tech I valence from the Lumbra's?
              Yes, its that one. its been around the block
              1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
              2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
              2003 X5 3.0

Comment

Yes, its that one. its been around the block
                HA! Nice. I sold that to Evan in like 2004. It came over from the UK... I'm guessing they hacked it to fit plastic bumpers or something.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                  i totally see a very noticeable ride height difference in both posts. Non-enthusiasts and women and gay men will never see a difference, however...

and BTW, to the OP, AWESOME!!!! i am so happy. finally, some affordable drop hats. I am calling the dealership tomorrow first thing.
                  lulz

Very noticeable my ass, if you stare at the pictures long enough you can see a barely noticeable difference. If you glance at them, they look identical. I'm not pulling the entire front suspension apart for something 99% of the population won't even notice.

Matt
                  Matt

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy
                  I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"
                  Originally posted by chadthestampede
                  This is like a reverse build thread; it starts out nice and gets shitty.

Comment

lulz

Very noticeable my ass, if you stare at the pictures long enough you can see a barely noticeable difference. If you glance at them, they look identical. I'm not pulling the entire front suspension apart for something 99% of the population won't even notice.

Matt
                    Like euro trim, euro grilles... its the little things that add up to your personal e30. this is a small mod but a cheap one. if you already have lowering springs odds are you dont need to compress them to take apart the front suspension. doesnt take long at all to install, leave the struts in the car.
                    1989 325i Alpine s52 coupe
                    2003 540i M-Sport 6 speed
                    2003 X5 3.0

Comment

True, I'd know it was lower, but if it's something I can barely even notice, then meh. Euro grills are a pretty obvious difference, really. Especially compared to a .25" drop. ;)

To each his own, though.

Matt
                      Matt

I pack my CD player with asbestos. Those mother fuckers pay dearly for stealing my shit.
                      try whacking parts of the motor with a wrench while yelling "YOU WANT SUMMA DIS? HUH?"

Comment

lulz

Matt
                        Dude. 99% of the population can't tell the difference between an E30 and an E36 of the same color.

Comment

the local dealer here wants $19.xx for each hat. They are $11 each at bavauto. I wonder however, since its special order from BavAuto, that the shipping will be outrageous...

EDIT: Ordered from BavAuto! $29.xx total!! will post pics of before/after.

Comment

Like euro trim, euro grilles... its the little things that add up to your personal e30. this is a small mod but a cheap one. if you already have lowering springs odds are you dont need to compress them to take apart the front suspension. doesnt take long at all to install, leave the struts in the car.
                            A. I totally agree with your point.
                            B. I would hate to see anyone hurt themselves trying to remove/replace front springs w/out a proper spring compressor.
                            -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                              Dude. 99% of the population can't tell the difference between an E30 and an E36 of the same color.

Beat me to it! Besides, if i was modding my car for approval of 99% of the poulation... Id go buy an e90.

Im also going to have to buy some of these- sorry Rich.
                              -Jay

2014 NASA FL se30 champ #81
                              2001 se46 3 year plan in progress

Comment

Not that I'm modding my car for everyone else, just saying that the majority of people can't even see the difference. My friend with a slammed GTi says he can't even tell a difference, and you know vdubbers love their shits low, lol.

Matt
                                Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X