Steering Guibo FAIL!!>!>>!>!! VIDEO!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bmwguy325is
    replied
    Originally posted by rbartongrimley
    Ahh! I had bought one of the originals a ways back and had to modify some things to work since it was so slim. This would be ideal!

    On a side note:

    I have been thinking about making a template out of the bushing and machining a solid aluminum one (access to machine shops). How much better do you guys think this would perform over the urethane one?
    I too bought an old one never installed. The aluminum one will provide a lot of feed back.

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    What did you have to do to make it work?
    Just add spacers to the bolts?

    I have an old style one i need to get around to installing.

    Leave a comment:


  • rbartongrimley
    replied
    Ahh! I had bought one of the originals a ways back and had to modify some things to work since it was so slim. This would be ideal!

    On a side note:

    I have been thinking about making a template out of the bushing and machining a solid aluminum one (access to machine shops). How much better do you guys think this would perform over the urethane one?

    Leave a comment:


  • bmwguy325is
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    Slick, and a decent price.

    Leave a comment:


  • Erik
    replied
    Wow, that's crazy. Do want Poly bushing!

    Leave a comment:


  • SkiFree
    replied
    The new E30 sized urethane mount is found here......



    Last edited by SkiFree; 10-04-2011, 10:28 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aerton
    replied
    Rag Joint Guido

    Old thread with some good advise, I'm about to do a rack swap going with an e36 M rack.

    I have been reading about the Rack swap and have a couple of questions.

    Do you guys recommend the Zionsville kit for $89 that includes the rag joint. Or should I go for the kit minus the rag joint and buy the urethane one from Ireland Engineering.

    Let me know your thoughts, is the urethane one to much for street use?

    http://store.nexternal.com/ireland/s...hane-p619.aspx

    Leave a comment:


  • Adrian_Visser
    replied
    I've been pondering in my head whether or not to replace this piece when I do my Z3 rack swap for a while. I guess this is sufficient motivation to replace it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    I picked up a new guibo a few months back to make everything ready for the steering rack swap, but now I can't find the u-joint hardware haha.

    I wonder if some of the dead play is from the stock guibo wear and not so much from the e30 rack itself...hmm.

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Is this only an issue for guys not running PS?

    Leave a comment:


  • lonestar22
    replied
    thats scary, that happening at the wrong time could be bad news

    Leave a comment:


  • Burnera
    replied
    Originally posted by psyber_0ptix
    hmmm..... maybe time for a steering quickner mod if replacing all the shafts and ujoints anyways?
    Just might actually be cheaper than hunting for a Z3 rack too.
    It's pretty common for those gearbox quickeners to add some dead space in the steering wheel, but usually only like 5*. Still a lot less than the guibo adds in the OP video. :D

    Leave a comment:


  • psyber_0ptix
    replied
    hmmm..... maybe time for a steering quickner mod if replacing all the shafts and ujoints anyways?

    Leave a comment:


  • badvibrations
    replied
    Originally posted by Dominic49
    that is E36 only at the moment they are working on an e30 version though....
    Aroo?
    From that page..."Works with E30, E36 and E46 BMW steering racks."

    Originally posted by newman
    You need 2 of those DD shafts, so it's like 210 + the shaft...
    Good Eye.

    Leave a comment:

Working...