Steering Guibo FAIL!!>!>>!>!! VIDEO!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • newman
    replied
    You need 2 of those DD shafts, so it's like 210 + the shaft...

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    I don't see how that would be any different than Dominic's setup. Just a solid link unless I missed a bushing somewhere in there.

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Originally posted by Dominic49
    that is E36 only at the moment they are working on an e30 version though....
    Works with E30, E36 and E46 BMW steering racks.

    This is a bolt-on steering U-joint is CNC machined from ChromeMoly Steel, and makes for a low profile needle bearing U-joint to allow precise steering inputs without the factory "Rag Joint". This is "made for off-road use".

    Leave a comment:


  • Dominic49
    replied
    Originally posted by Burnera
    I think this function is kind of secondary. My logic tells me it's there to filter out vibration and bumps to the steering wheel. BMW's are supposed to be comfort rides too, not bone smashing race cars.

    vibration definitely seems first.



    that is E36 only at the moment they are working on an e30 version though....

    Leave a comment:


  • Burnera
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    IANAEngineer (well I sort of am) but it seems to me that the steering guibo is there to be weaker than the universal joints that surround it, so that it wears instead of them... replacing it by a hard link will probably disintegrate them much faster.
    I think this function is kind of secondary. My logic tells me it's there to filter out vibration and bumps to the steering wheel. BMW's are supposed to be comfort rides too, not bone smashing race cars.

    Leave a comment:


  • badvibrations
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo
    Good point. How are we to solve this problem? Poly guibos or just replace the rubber one every so often?
    or...

    For only $105

    Leave a comment:


  • mmeyer08
    replied
    umm

    that happened to my delphin 325is, after i murdered a ditch
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    Originally posted by kronus
    IANAEngineer (well I sort of am) but it seems to me that the steering guibo is there to be weaker than the universal joints that surround it, so that it wears instead of them... replacing it by a hard link will probably disintegrate them much faster.
    Good point. How are we to solve this problem? Poly guibos or just replace the rubber one every so often?

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    IANAEngineer (well I sort of am) but it seems to me that the steering guibo is there to be weaker than the universal joints that surround it, so that it wears instead of them... replacing it by a hard link will probably disintegrate them much faster.

    Leave a comment:


  • Philo
    replied
    I was going to say. . . I just bought these tie rods. lol. Looks like i'll be needing to modify my joint.

    Leave a comment:


  • badvibrations
    replied
    that fix is bad ass!

    you just turn down some aluminum?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dominic49
    replied
    all fixxed....



    Leave a comment:


  • Lurker27
    replied
    holy crap, checking mine

    Leave a comment:


  • dude8383
    replied
    Damn dude, thats scary!

    Leave a comment:


  • Dominic49
    replied
    Originally posted by Mossman
    I deleted my guibo and bolted the halves directly together for my e36 rack swap, it's tittttaes
    i was thinking about doing that how does it work? did you need a spacer at all?

    Leave a comment:

Working...