I am wanting to buy some new springs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wanting to buy some new springs ?

What will give me the best stance for a 318is ?

or

H&R's are $45 cheaper, any idea what kind of drop they'd give me from stock 318is springs ( i have bilstein sport struts if that makes a difference) ? And these prices are for the full set (all 4 springs) ?

Thanks
    Mitch
    1990 318is Brilliantrot

hr springs

The 50404 kit TMS will send you will contain 50404.55 springs, which are OE Sport Springs for a 325.
    This is not TMS fault, but its HR's falult.
    After a couple of phone calls to HR, they said that this was the proper spring for the E30 318is (TMS called them too). I dont understand how a spring designed to lower a 325 1 inch will lower my 318is 1.25. When I pointed this out to them, they gave me the well rehearsed "we have properly tested these springs on your car..."
    These are on my car right now and my ride height is 25 front, 24 rear and will be for sale as soon as I get somthing else.
    Again, not TMS's fault, TMS is awsome.
    Im thinking of trying the race, IE3's, sport springs for an 85 318 or the sports from the M3.
    I would suggest going with the IE's and not the 50404 from hr for your car.

Comment

fyi, I have H&R Sports for the 318is, and the drop is about what H&R/TMS tells you, 1.25" all the way around.

So depends on what kind of ride & ride height you want. I was looking at another member's 318is sitting on IE3s and the drop isn't that much more noticeable than the H&R Sports on my car (though he has spring pads in front, and i don't, that would only change the height 1/4" if even).
      ~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

Originally posted by royalflush313
        fyi, I have H&R Sports for the 318is, and the drop is about what H&R/TMS tells you, 1.25" all the way around.

So depends on what kind of ride & ride height you want. I was looking at another member's 318is sitting on IE3s and the drop isn't that much more noticeable than the H&R Sports on my car (though he has spring pads in front, and i don't, that would only change the height 1/4" if even).
        What is the PN on your springs?

Comment

Working...
        X