Slamming an E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slamming an E30

Hey guys, so I'm new hear and I was just wondering on how I would go about slamming my E30. I want to drop it pretty low but so that I can still drive it daily. Forgive me if there are other threads about this, did some skimming through and some searching, didn't really come up with anything helpful. I'd like to drop it pretty low for a pretty cheap price, nothing outrageous. Are there any kits or springs that really gets me down and dirty?

Perhaps I could purchase something like this:
    KYB Shocks and Springs
    or
    Tokico Shocks and Springs
    and swap out the springs for something even lower?
    All the help I can get would be awesome. Thanks!
    Last edited by ethrtyiS; 05-14-2010, 11:18 AM.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
    my feedback thread

Lol. Standard springs won't "slam" an e30 (although a couple do get quite low). Coilovers are the only option, with shortened strut housings. Remember, the lower you go, the stiffer your springs need to be. KYB or Tokiko shocks will not handle the spring rate needed to "slam" your car.

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
      Lol. Standard springs won't "slam" an e30 (although a couple do get quite low). Coilovers are the only option, with shortened strut housings. Remember, the lower you go, the stiffer your springs need to be. KYB or Tokiko shocks will not handle the spring rate needed to "slam" your car.
      Could you give me some insight on the springs that do lower it pretty low. I think as of right now, I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of suspension.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
      my feedback thread

Comment

Sounds like you're looking for the H&R Cup Kit.
        Originally posted by Gruelius
        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

chalk another one up for the stancewhores

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
            Sounds like you're looking for the H&R Cup Kit.
            H&R cup kits sucks balls

Get Ground control coilover kit and bilstein sports or Koni Sports.

Ground-control.com
            tirerack.com

I have done three E30s with that setup and love it so much.
            My track E30 hauls ass and it was under 900 with shipping.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
              H&R cup kits sucks balls

Get Ground control coilover kit and bilstein sports or Koni Sports.

Ground-control.com
              tirerack.com

I have done three E30s with that setup and love it so much.
              My track E30 hauls ass and it was under 900 with shipping.
              Is there something that's perhaps around $300 or under rather than $900. I'm not going to be taking this thing out on the track and doing crazy sh*t with it. I'm just trying to get it lowered while still retaining a good drive with better handling.

my feedback thread

Comment

H&R race springs.
                Bilstein Sport shocks.
                15mm Drop hats. (Click link in my sig)

With this you are:
                1. stiff. (spring rates are over 300lbs).
                2. tucking a bit of rear tire.
                3. have a flush tire/fender up front(no wheel gap).
                4. good handling.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                  Is there something that's perhaps around $300 or under rather than $900. I'm not going to be taking this thing out on the track and doing crazy sh*t with it. I'm just trying to get it lowered while still retaining a good drive with better handling.
                  How low are you looking to go? When you say "slammed" most of us think LOW!

You're going to get a pile of trash for $300 new. Try and find some used Bilstein Sports and H&R Sport springs. Or if you want to dump it on shitty soft springs, try and find some Spax. They're pieces of shit, but they'll really slam the car.
                  Originally posted by Gruelius
                  and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post

You will not find anything out there that will "slam" you for 300. I thought the same thing the first time I was looking into it.
                    And the H&R race springs will not have the same amazing ride as the GC coils matted with the Bilstein sports.

A local E30 friend did Billys and H&R setup. He took me for a ride and then I took him. He is now hating his setup and loving mine!
                    Plus the cost difference is like 190 or so. What is 190 these days?

Trust me spend the extra money for the coils, you can also pick your spring rates when you call GC.
                    Last edited by F34R; 11-18-2010, 08:45 AM.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Get FK 75/50's with the matched shocks. Its something like $375 altogether and that's the lowest you're going to get with just springs.

And search around a bit next time.
                      Byron
                      Leichtbau

Comment

Ground control or nuffin
                        Ground Control Suspension Systems is your stop for high quality American Made Performance Suspension for your BMW, Honda, Acura, Mustang, Camaro, Mustang, ETC!

Comment

cmon guys your holding out on him. All you have to do is Remove the shocks, drill holes in them to remove any pressure, then cut your springs in half. You will be slammed all the way to the ground. and its practically free.

But seriously,
                          sigpic
                          1991 325iC w/ 75k Original Miles, Brillantrot, 5-speed, 16" BBS RX's, Black Leather Sport Heated Seats, LSD, and Diving Boards for life!!!:D

Comment

What about the lowtec setups? You might want to check the for sale section.

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                              H&R race springs.
                              Bilstein Sport shocks.
                              15mm Drop hats. (Click link in my sig)

With this you are:
                              1. stiff. (spring rates are over 300lbs).
                              2. tucking a bit of rear tire.
                              3. have a flush tire/fender up front(no wheel gap).
                              4. good handling.
                              Thats probably what I'll be doing since that seems like the cheapest way to go. Thanks!
                              Originally posted by KenC View Post
                              How low are you looking to go? When you say "slammed" most of us think LOW!

You're going to get a pile of trash for $300 new. Try and find some used Bilstein Sports and H&R Sport springs. Or if you want to dump it on shitty soft springs, try and find some Spax. They're pieces of shit, but they'll really slam the car.
                              I've been looking for some used ones. I'll keep looking as see what I can find.
                              Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
                              As I sit here typing I am covered in grease, oil and dirt. Wanna know why? I JUST walked in the door after slamming my Brother's '89 E30 vert.

You will not find anything out there that will "slam" you for 300. I thought the same thing the first time I was looking into it.

And the H&R race springs will not have the same amazing ride as the GC coils matted with the Bilstein sports.

A local E30 friend did Billys and H&R setup. He took me for a ride and then I took him. He is now hating his setup and loving mine!

Plus the cost difference is like 190 or so. What is 190 these days?

Trust me spend the extra money for the coils, you can also pick your spring rates when you call GC.
                              Unfortunately, as of now, I can't afford that. I just really want to drop it for now because I've got new rims and low profile tires I want to put on it and I don't want it to look awkward. But eventually, this is what I'll be doing.
                              Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                              Get FK 75/50's with the matched shocks. Its something like $375 altogether and that's the lowest you're going to get with just springs.

And search around a bit next time.
                              Thanks. I have been, just wanted to get a bit more personal answers to suit my question.
                              Originally posted by D-rock View Post
                              Wayyyy to expensive for now. I'm not going to tracks.
                              Originally posted by M5wanaB View Post
                              cmon guys your holding out on him. All you have to do is Remove the shocks, drill holes in them to remove any pressure, then cut your springs in half. You will be slammed all the way to the ground. and its practically free.

But seriously,
                              http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=7350
                              I was thinking about those springs with some decent shocks and some caps. That's probably what I'll be doing. Thanks.
                              Originally posted by ethree View Post
                              What about the lowtec setups? You might want to check the for sale section.
                              Will do, thanks.

my feedback thread

Comment

Working...
                              X