Suspension Options

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TheFightingCPA
    replied
    I'm daily driving J-stock springs with bilstein sports. I think this set up is PERFECT. I've driven it all around the city, to LA from Vegas and back, and it's not harsh. After having this set-up I don't think I would have gone with another.

    Just save up and buy quality the first time around, best advice I can give you.

    Oh and also, before you go for springs and shocks, replace your bushings if you haven't already.

    Leave a comment:


  • balooshinakus
    replied
    If you like a firm ride (HR race) then you are probably going to hate the spring/shocks these people have proposed as they are all super soft. I have HR Sport springs with Bilstein Sport shocks (stiffer ride then what is proposed here) and they are WAY soft in my opinion, tons of body roll.

    If you want a nice suspension, you gotta pay for it. KYB's are going to be shit compared to Koni's, and HR sport/e30 m3 springs are very soft, and don't lower your car very much. If you want to go low, save up and get coilovers with proper dampeners. Getting something cheap will leave you unsatisfied, and it will cost you money that could have been put towards the suspension you actually want.

    Leave a comment:


  • moe30
    replied
    How much of a drop on each? I'm not wanting any gap.

    Leave a comment:


  • rammstein
    replied
    I have a set of intrax springs and a set of E30 M3 springs if you're interested :D

    Leave a comment:


  • moe30
    replied
    Originally posted by jasonsnoddy
    kyb/vogtland. cheap and good for daily driving.
    I'll check it out when I get home, I had noticed vogtland's being used quite a bit but never saw a pic of someone with them... I'll have to do some more searching.

    Leave a comment:


  • moe30
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    Good Suspension for Hondas isn't cheap either...it's just there are lots of crap out there.
    I agree but there is a lot more of a used market... and a lot more stupid people selling stuff too cheap :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    Good Suspension for Hondas isn't cheap either...it's just there are lots of crap out there.

    Leave a comment:


  • jasonsnoddy
    replied
    kyb/vogtland. cheap and good for daily driving.

    Leave a comment:


  • moe30
    started a topic Suspension Options

    Suspension Options

    So I have been checking prices on springs, gc's and shocks.... I can see that there are really no options used... so I'm probably going to have to go new.

    First off I want to say I feel for the e30 guys bc coming from the Honda world suspension stuff is very expensive compared to hondas lol.

    So right now I have been looking at the following:

    Shocks:
    Koni Yellows - Around $450
    Really the only option I have looked at bc I have them on my Integra and love them.

    Springs/coilovers:
    H&R Race Springs - not an option since they are just barely under the price for the GC kit
    GC kit almost $400
    IE Race Springs Stage 3 a hair under $300


    What are some cheaper options? I'm not really wanting to spend $800 for a shock & spring set up. I dd this car and live in Missouri where are roads are horrible.

    Tokicos are not an option as I've had them on integras and wasn't impressed.
    Cut springs are not an option... don't really think I need to explain that one.

    To compare to what I'm thinking, if I had to pick something right now with the above options it would be Koni Yellows w/ IE Race springs

    But I'm open to options. I'm wanting to order something early next week. Personal options of how stuff rides would be great as well. I currently run Koni Yellows w/ H&R race springs in my Integra and really like that ride.
Working...