Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since everyone said suspension first.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eightyfoure
    DarkWing6 - Do with what you think will suit you best.
    I'm asking for opinions on what the pros and cons of the setups is. I wanna know what other people think of how they feel, so I can use other people experiances to help me decide on what is best. I am in no way asking people to say buy this or buy that.

Originally posted by Snowmann
    says 450 actually, out of stock however
    I emailed them and they quoted me like 474.96 or something like that. The website wouldn't load for me, but I was told they were low.

I am thinking I will prolly go with the H&R if I can get them for $550 like someone said. Does anyone know what site that is?
    sigpic

Comment

darkwing:
      After trying 3 different setups on my car, here is what I have found is the best, most cost-effective setup:

Ground Controls and Koni's.

Koni's cost more intially, but bilsteins are more "rough" on first impact. On the street, the more progressive action of the koni's will mean your teeth wont clink together when you hit a pothole. If you decide to track your car one day and get stupid stiff rates, you will wish you have koni's.

Ground-Control sells a "bolt in" kit for 400 dollars that includes 4 springs, perches and adjusters.
      You can get any rate you want. This is the best solution, as you can fine tune your car.

Dont end up buying multiple springs/shocks as I did. Spend a little more right now on a set of Koni's/GC's, and be done with it. If you decide to get more aggressive with your car, you can buy individual springs from GC at ~60 a pop, or find used ones dirt cheap.
      Also, if you run a proper suspension, you dont have to use massive swaybars as a band-aid to cure body roll.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
      Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
      Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

So, what I'm getting from a lot of people is the the Cup Kit is going to be more for show and getting the slammed look and the Koni's w/IE or whatever spring I choose will be more performance oriented(sp?). Am I right?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog
          darkwing:
          After trying 3 different setups on my car, here is what I have found is the best, most cost-effective setup:

Ground Controls and Koni's.

Koni's cost more intially, but bilsteins are more "rough" on first impact. On the street, the more progressive action of the koni's will mean your teeth wont clink together when you hit a pothole. If you decide to track your car one day and get stupid stiff rates, you will wish you have koni's.

Ground-Control sells a "bolt in" kit for 400 dollars that includes 4 springs, perches and adjusters.
          You can get any rate you want. This is the best solution, as you can fine tune your car.

Dont end up buying multiple springs/shocks as I did. Spend a little more right now on a set of Koni's/GC's, and be done with it. If you decide to get more aggressive with your car, you can buy individual springs from GC at ~60 a pop, or find used ones dirt cheap.
          Also, if you run a proper suspension, you dont have to use massive swaybars as a band-aid to cure body roll.
          How much does it usualy cost to get the perches welded on?

Comment

Dont end up buying multiple springs/shocks as I did. Spend a little more right now on a set of Koni's/GC's, and be done with it.
            Heh, funny, I bought Konis/Gcs and I'm planning to chuck them for regular springs. So did Stu. Linear springs are retarded on the street, at least to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
              Dont end up buying multiple springs/shocks as I did. Spend a little more right now on a set of Koni's/GC's, and be done with it.
              Heh, funny, I bought Konis/Gcs and I'm planning to chuck them for regular springs. So did Stu. Linear springs are retarded on the street, at least to me.
              Wimp ;) I'm currently running the H&R Sport with Bilstein Sports and am looking at upgrading to coil overs.

But something like this:

Kinda the best of both worlds...

Comment

Working...
              X