Suspension ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension ideas

I have been looking for a new suspension to replace my stock suspension on my 325i. I have offers of 300 for each of the combinations, Dinan Springs and Bilstein sport shocks or a H&R cup kit. Being a new guy to the E30 mod world I wanted to some some opinions. Please advise. Going for best performance and lower but not slammed. Not intended for track use, just planning on hard driving around country side and mountain areas.
    HDE30 <3

The H&amp;R Cup Kit is one of the lowest suspension setups available. If you don't want to SLAM the car, stay away. It's also one of the softest spring setups. Low + soft = risk of damage.

I have no idea of rates or length of the Dinan ones. Try calling Dinan to get spring rates and report back.

Comment

Dinans

I called them today to get the spring rates and what not and the guy would not give them out he did however give me their spill on how theirs out perform other systems, but who doesn't say that about their own product. He would tell me that the car gets lowered only about 3/4 of an inch. I guess we can take all that for what its worth. Would the ride height be dif if matched with dif shocks, say konis or something else? Just considering any ideas.
      HDE30 <3

Comment

Re: Dinans

Originally posted by Relayer85
        I called them today to get the spring rates and what not and the guy would not give them out he did however give me their spill on how theirs out perform other systems, but who doeswn't say that about their own product.
        Typical Dinan bullshit. What a company.

Anyways. 3/4 of an inch is tiny. I wish they would tell you the spring rates though, because they could actually be usefully stiff and we don't know. Shocks don't change the ride height.

How much mileage is on the setup? If they're fairly new I'd buy them and try it out, if anything at least the shocks will be useful. Hopefully someone else knows something about the Dinan coils and can chime in.

Comment

typically e30s sit ~1/4"-1/2" higher with bilstein sports than with konis or other shocks

Comment

Re: Dinans

Originally posted by Mystikal
            Originally posted by Relayer85
            I called them today to get the spring rates and what not and the guy would not give them out he did however give me their spill on how theirs out perform other systems, but who doeswn't say that about their own product.
            Typical Dinan bullshit. What a company.

Anyways. 3/4 of an inch is tiny. I wish they would tell you the spring rates though, because they could actually be usefully stiff and we don't know. Shocks don't change the ride height.

How much mileage is on the setup? If they're fairly new I'd buy them and try it out, if anything at least the shocks will be useful. Hopefully someone else knows something about the Dinan coils and can chime in.
            In all fairness to Dinan, they sell a package with custom proprietary rates. Why would you expect them to give you the rates for free over the phone so you can go and emulate them?

-Charlie
            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
            FYYFF

Comment

Ok well lets say I go with something else other than these two. What other setups would you guys suggest/have on hand used I could buy. Poor college kids can't just go dropping 6 or 7 hundred dollars. Let me know guys.
              HDE30 <3

Comment

I just sold my old set of RD blues, and that sounds like just about what you'd need. damn. There's always H&amp;R sports...relatively cheap and they should be fine for that kind of driving.

Do you go to LC?

Comment

I have found the set up i am going to go with

Its on the first line of the "ready to ship" section.
                  HDE30 <3

Comment

Working...
                  X