Bilstein Sports are in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilstein Sports are in...

Just installed them, huge difference from Tokicos, question is these are supposed to raise an e30 up a bit?

Yes, they will lift the car up a little bit, especially if your old shocks were blown. It is normal. Might settle down after while, but enjoy the improved ride quality.
    Old and improved:

Comment

My right front Tokico strut was totally shot, what a huge difference in the ride, the floating is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by egk2
        My right front Tokico strut was totally shot, what a huge difference in the ride, the floating is gone.
        Yeah it's always fun to hit a bump on the highway at 70 and feel the car ski :?

Comment

After I took out the r/f strut insert and pushed on it, the piston rod just stayed in :| , just not crazy about it lifting up my car a bit but very impressed with the performance.

Comment

After I took out the r/f strut insert and pushed on it, the piston rod just stayed in :|
            That doesn't always mean that a shock is dead, only that it has lost gas pressure. Twin tube dampers work fine even if they lose gas pressure, although they may cavitate a little at high piston speeds.

The Bilsteins raise the car up because they are high gas pressure monotube dampers. The high gas pressure adds to your overall spring rate a little, raising up the car. They probably won't settle any lower either.

Comment

Originally posted by sovann
              After I took out the r/f strut insert and pushed on it, the piston rod just stayed in :|
              That doesn't always mean that a shock is dead, only that it has lost gas pressure. Twin tube dampers work fine even if they lose gas pressure, although they may cavitate a little at high piston speeds.

The Bilsteins raise the car up because they are high gas pressure monotube dampers. The high gas pressure adds to your overall spring rate a little, raising up the car. They probably won't settle any lower either.
              Trust me, the r/f strut was finished, oil all over the strut housing and inside of my wheel, it would clunck over sharp bumps and float all over the place.

Comment

How long have you been driving on them? Mine settled after some driving.
                Im now E30less.
                sigpic

Comment

A day or two, how much did yours settle?

Comment

I was scaring a few people in my car taking turns and I blew my rear shocks after a few minutes of driving I have ordered springs which I dont need as much but I will order some bilstein sports in two weeks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Working...
                    X