• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he said he purchased A H&R spring.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
      how much of a drop were you expecting?
      what shocks are you using?
      how many spring pads are installed front and rear?

running bigger tires will make the car sit higher. if you wanted more than that you should have gone with the h&r race spring.

h&rs make the car have "rake" generally, the rear will sit higher in the front, its supposed to do that. in your pic it almost looks like you dont have the h&rs installed at all.....
      Thanks for the feedback.. =)

I just want the rear to have the same height as the front. I installed the H&R sport springs which has a 1.3 drop.

I like the height of the front...the shop who installed it said that the overall sit is really like that.

Here's a photo of the original heght of the car which i got from the internet. BTW, my nimmer is a 320i 1985 euro model

Comment

well if that is your white car in your last post, thats most likely how it is going to sit. with the bigger wheels its not going to tuck very well. something you can do is pull the rubber spring "pads" out in the rear. that may give you a half inch or so, depending on what is in there.

if you want look up my thread, i have experience with this set up:

my car sits the same, the visual is the wheels are stock 14"s and the tires are huge, you obviously have the opposite, big wheels/small tires.

you never answered as to what shocks your using, this makes a small difference also. also you never answered if you have h&rs in the rear also, stupid question, but one has to ask sometimes. also how long have they been installed? in the pic with my suspension on, i think the car had been on the road for a couple weeks before i took the picture.

Comment

Its an early model... So high rear arches. H&R race rake works really nice with late models. Did you remove the pads? That might drop it a little bit more.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Thanks guys!

Yes it's an earlier model with high rear arches but if you notice, the rear really sits higher than the front.

BTW, my shocks is Bilstein sport and yes I have H&R springs at the back as well.

I'll see if there are still pads in the rear which I can remove (i hope).

Do you have any other option for me? I was thinking of buying the H&R Sport Cup Kit at least for the rear.

Thanks, Reggie

Comment

Originally posted by i017249 View Post
              Do you have any other option for me? I was thinking of buying the H&R Sport Cup Kit at least for the rear.
              i wouldnt run the cup kit as the spring rates are to soft (for me at least). id pull the sport kit and install the race instead. you should be able to get decent money for the sport kit.

Comment

Has anyone used the H&R coil overs? not the cup kit
                sigpic
                24v swapped

Comment

Thanks smonkbmw for the advice.

Do you happen to have the part number of the race springs?

Comment

Originally posted by e30love View Post
                    Has anyone used the H&R coil overs? not the cup kit
                    i have a friend with these on his e30m3 and he loves them. ive never drove the car personally, just rode in it. and its very nice. a little on the stiff side, but not shabby.

Originally posted by i017249 View Post
                    Do you happen to have the part number of the race springs?

50404-88

Comment

When I first picked her up...

and now...

Vogtland springs and Bilstein Sport shocks & struts. Perfect combo of price, stance and ride comfort for daily driving.

Comment

Thanks smonkbmw. stiffer then races too? that's what i have now
                        Last edited by e30love; 01-06-2009, 06:40 PM.
                        sigpic
                        24v swapped

Comment

Thanks smoke. stiffer then races too? that's what i have now
                          not sure who youre talking too? or what about?

Comment

sorry i was talking to u smonkbmw. edit my bad
                            sigpic
                            24v swapped

Comment

sorry i was talking to u smonkbmw. edit my bad
                              which rate is stiffer? the cup kit or the race? is that what youre referring to?

Spring---------------------Front(lb/in.)-------------Rear(lb/in.)

Stock 325i-----------------------106------------------------245
                              Stock 325is----------------------118------------------------265
                              Stock 325ix----------------------106------------------------308
                              Stock M3-------------------------114------------------------314
                              Stock M3--------------------------140------------------------250
                              Dinan Sport-----------------------172------------------------300
                              H&R OE Sport---------------------180------------------------380
                              H&R Sport-------------------------180------------------------380
                              H&R Sport (29664)---------------200------------------------285
                              H&R Race-------------------------315------------------------ 570
                              H&R Coilovers***----------------340------------------------380
                              Eibach Pro-Kit--------------------102-------------------------277
                              Eibach Race----------------------160-------------------------445
                              IE SIII----------------------------315-------------------------570
                              Koni Coilovers-------------------342-------------------------407
                              Cosmo Coilovers----------------450-------------------------560
                              Tokico----------------------------165-------------------------265
                              TMS J-Stock**-------------------680------------------------1026
                              Alpina(est.)---------------------~200-----------------------~350
                              FK 60/60 cup kit-----------------379--------------------------379
                              Vogtland Standard***--------115/197-----------------------360
                              Vogtland CS***---------------137/200-----------------------400
                              Vogtland--------------------------225--------------------------360

**= Alternate rates available
                              ***= M3 Application

the cup kit isnt listed, but last i heard its inbetween oe and sport. could be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Groove_D View Post
                                There you go
                                yep... i can see myself going with this setup.

Ok people what are your reasons to not go coil-overs? some say been there done that, why wouldn't you go there again? just so i know

Comment

Working...
                                X