The suspension setup/ride height thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would this : http://www.ground-control-store.com/.../II=121/CA=241

Plus bilstein sports be good for? I want a stiff but comfortable ride, height adjustability (want it arch same level as top of wheel or a bit lower) and good handling but dont need race performance, DD car :P

PS could I just put these as a swap and be OK or would I need camber adjustment and other stuff?

Comment

H&r race
      Bilstein sports
      15mm drop hats
      m3 CABS

]

Comment

Originally posted by DrFraserCrane View Post
        IE3 springs - both pads in the rear, GC touring camber plates up front with no pads. 205/45/16 tires

were like twins, kinda

[PAKSIW]
        20D .........
        vmwerks :up:
        ryan gmw :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Yeee30 View Post
          were like twins, kinda
          kinda, but your extra lowness makes the wheels look way better

Comment

So Grids. What offsets and are there any caliper clearance issues?

Originally posted by DrFraserCrane

Originally posted by Yeee30
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post
              So Grids. What offsets and are there any caliper clearance issues?

mine are 16x8 et10's

yes there are caliper issues in the front on mine. had to grind the carrier (did not yet cut the front 'bar' off) a bit to get even 15mm spacers to get the wheels to clear the brakes

here is what it looked like from the front with GC touring plates maxed out with camber and a 205/45 tire

rear needs a good roll to work. but then again my tires (federals) are pretty beefy for 205's on 8's

Comment

mine are 16x8 et10's

yes there are caliper issues in the front on mine. had to grind the carrier (did not yet cut the front 'bar' off) a bit to get even 15mm spacers to get the wheels to clear the brakes

here is what it looked like from the front with GC touring plates maxed out with camber and a 205/45 tire

rear needs a good roll to work. but then again my tires (federals) are pretty beefy for 205's on 8's
                weird cause where the hub makes contact with the wheel was machined down a little. esm provided me with 5mm spacers up front and it cleared the caliper bracket. with the rear. i didn't have to roll my rear fenders with the offset at 10, but since i spaced out the rear to et2, i had to roll it a little.
                [PAKSIW]
                20D .........

Comment

Originally posted by Yeee30 View Post
                  weird cause where the hub makes contact with the wheel was machined down a little. esm provided me with 5mm spacers up front and it cleared the caliper bracket. with the rear. i didn't have to roll my rear fenders with the offset at 10, but since i spaced out the rear to et2, i had to roll it a little.
                  yeah, no such luck on my end with mine

here is what the ginormous back pad looks like on mine

Comment

here is what the ginormous back pad looks like on mine
                    i'll take a pic of mine hopefully tomorrow.
                    [PAKSIW]
                    20D .........

Comment

So the caliper hits on the hub mounting boss, not the spokes? In the past, I have had a wheel shop machine extra clearance boss when I have clearance issues like that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post
                        So the caliper hits on the hub mounting boss, not the spokes? In the past, I have had a wheel shop machine extra clearance boss when I have clearance issues like that.

yep, that huge pad is what hits. Havent had time to seek out a machine shop to do the work yet or in the alternative go to town on the caliper carrier

Comment

What would this : http://www.ground-control-store.com/.../II=121/CA=241

Plus bilstein sports be good for? I want a stiff but comfortable ride, height adjustability (want it arch same level as top of wheel or a bit lower) and good handling but dont need race performance, DD car :P

PS could I just put these as a swap and be OK or would I need camber adjustment and other stuff?
                          any pics?

Comment

Suspension:
                            BC Coilovers

Fender heights:
                            22 front
                            22 1/2 rear (needs lower)

Wheels:
                            EMS 16x9 10 offset

Tires:
                            Falken Azensis 205/40/16

Comment

also, what's the best suspension set up for stance? i hear a lot of good things about kw's. basically a coil over that will allow me to drop it as low as i want and good camber kit. thanks.

Comment

Damn. That looks good simplyclean

Comment

Working...
                                X