AST 4100 Setup Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AST 4100 Setup Thread

Think it would nice to have different thread for all the different coilovers or suspensions out there and what spring rates people are using.

This one I hope to have dedicated to AST's 4100 to keep misinformation at a minimum.

I went with the z3 package because I'm running e36m fronts and 318ti trailing arms on the rear.

Initial Set up
    Front Spring Rate = 600,
    Rear Spring Rate = 650
    Front Sway bar = Stock, may go a bit bigger
    Rear Sway Bar = Stock, may take off and see if I like it better

Will get pics as soon as Jack gets me my rear springs to complete my suspension. :(

Jack has offered to let me swap out springs until I get it the way I want it. Was going with 635/680 at first but he thought I should try this first. Would be nice to see what other people are running and how they like. Obviously, a lot will have to do with driving style but this may help with different setup for different tracks or kinds of racing.

If there is not a lot of difference between coilovers then maybe we could use this as a general guide.

Originally posted by Roysneon
    $5 shipped?
    Originally posted by MarkD
    You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

600 front
    700 rear

Rebound is set at -1 click towards soft from being in the middle. Ride is really really stiff on my urethane subframe bushings.

Running UUC swaybars as I had them installed before i decided to go coils.

After getting the car aligned, it handles very very well and there is a lot of grip despite the relatively narrow 205 rt615s I'm running.

Comment

i think my setup is the 500/600 but ill double check to make sure later. i havent installed these yet still getting other parts for the rest of the suspension. have you guys welded the m3 sway tabs?

-brian how much did u cut off the stock housing to fit the shock?

Comment

The z3 package comes with the linkage already on the strut. It is also height ajustable.

Originally posted by Roysneon
        $5 shipped?
        Originally posted by MarkD
        You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Tony, if I recall it was exactly 2 cm. Definitely give Terry at Vorshlag a call though, it's worth the 2 mins to check.

I had my mechanic do the job as I can't weld. He pulled out the old Bilstein cartridge and compared it to the AST insert and confirmed that it was 2 cm.

Comment

Working...
          X