few questions about GC setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

few questions about GC setup

so im looking into buying a friends car and it has a GC kit on it, he bought the car with the kit already installed.
    the other day we jacked it up and it didn't look right.
    i know e30 coilovers arent really coilovers, but im talking about the condition.
    the rear it looked like the spring hats are cracking, is this bad?
    pics...

also the front right had this piece dangling around while the left front didnt.

front right

right front top

left front

tires were off ground in all pics.

can someone post pics of how the coilovers should look?

thanks

if anything looks weird lemme know.

That dangling piece is the shock collar nut. It is supposed to be tightened down holding the shock into the strut tube. Also, this is just a spring and perch kit for 400. The shocks look like blown stockers to me.

I cant really tell with all the fuzzy crappy cell phone pics, but what is clear, is that whole kit was not installed properly. Needs to be removed and damages assessed imo.
    sigpic

Comment

so i if i was buying the car and the MAIN selling point was this kit, it might turnout to be a headache instead of a good deal?
      yeah soory for the cell pics, didn't have the good camera at the shop.

how did rears look?

Comment

The rears are supposed to be aluminum perches, and they are prone to cracking. But I cant tell what the hell that yellow thing in there is! lol

Its not the $1500 GC kit. Its the $400 spring and perch kit that was half ass installed, and looks like even those need work. Those being the upsale point, might add 100 to the car value, or detract 500. Depends on how much damage has been done, especially with what looks like an unsecured strut insert up front. No bueno.
        sigpic

Comment

Stock setup might be a better selling point if the piss poor installation caused more damage than it's worth.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Holy hackjob.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

if the car is worth less then the GC kit, buy it..ahha
              Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

WOW!
                im so glad i posted this up!
                the rest of the car looks half assed too, i guess these coule always be switched out with the JOM set up?

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                  WOW!
                  the rest of the car looks half assed too, i guess these coule always be switched out with the JOM set up?

Comment

you can sell me the GC springs and perches for $100 if they are indeed not cracked...

Comment

Wow worst install I have ever seen. R3Vers are suckers for used GC kits though so I'm sure you will sell them.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

its really that bad?
                        i sent pics to GC so monday they should let me know what needs replacing.
                        depending on what their people say will determine my next move.

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                          WOW!
                          Doesn't ground control have any warranty? Also why switch these for JOM? why not another GC setup? just replace the wear parts and reinstall you will be fine if not move on to a better car...
                          My Multi car part out. Need a part? Pm me...
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=193051

Need 24v swap parts? How about a LSD? Plastic Bumpers? Or anything else click here...
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215044

Have you done business with me? If so leave me feedback here...
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=188307

Comment

Originally posted by ill4noreason View Post
                            Doesn't ground control have any warranty? Also why switch these for JOM? why not another GC setup? just replace the wear parts and reinstall you will be fine if not move on to a better car...

oh he has a good point, i was told GC has a lifetime warranty!
                            so they'd be able to fix w/e PO screwed up right?

Comment

they won't warranty bad installation.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                              X