Adjustable sway bar..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustable sway bar..

I've got an adjustable sway bar in my e30, i've never really used adjustable sway bars so i'm new to these. It has 3 adjusters and can anyone explain what each adjuster is for?
    They call me the frog

- E30 Alpina C2 2.7
    - E30 Alpina C2 2.5
    - E28 M 528I 3.5 (300HP)
    - E36 M3 S50 3.2 (Euro)

I am assuming that it is an adjustable rear sway bar.

Increasing the roll stiffness of the rear of the car will make the car more prone to oversteer. (for example, stiffer springs in the rear, stiffer sway bar in the rear).

For an adjustable rear sway bar:

attaching the end link through the hole on the end (on the far left side) will decrease the roll stiffness , reducing oversteer

attaching the end link through the hole on the far right end will increase the roll stiffness, increasing oversteer. I would keep the bar set on the far left, or middle hole to be safe unless you can get out on a test track to test the characteristics of the stiffest setting (far right)

Comment

Thanks for that, i should be more specific. I'm referring to the front sway bar.
      They call me the frog

- E30 Alpina C2 2.7
      - E30 Alpina C2 2.5
      - E28 M 528I 3.5 (300HP)
      - E36 M3 S50 3.2 (Euro)

Comment

In the case of the front sway bar, increasing roll stiffness makes the car more prone to understeer .

So attaching the front sway bar at the hole at the end of the bar (far left in the pic above) will decrease the roll stiffness and make the car less prone to understeer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
          I am assuming that it is an adjustable rear sway bar.

Increasing the roll stiffness of the rear of the car will make the car more prone to oversteer. (for example, stiffer springs in the rear, stiffer sway bar in the rear).

For an adjustable rear sway bar:

attaching the end link through the hole on the end (on the far left side) will decrease the roll stiffness , reducing oversteer

attaching the end link through the hole on the far right end will increase the roll stiffness, increasing oversteer. I would keep the bar set on the far left, or middle hole to be safe unless you can get out on a test track to test the characteristics of the stiffest setting (far right)
          did you grind your rear sway bar and then drill it yourself to make adjustable like that in the picture?

Comment

Working...
          X