coil over springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coil over springs

where is a good place to buy a set of springs not outragisly expencive? i have a 84 318i and was sent 325 springs by po so super rake. i was wondering if i could throw some 6 or 5in 650spring rate 2.5in in the rear if that would work?
    any input helps
    thanks

if any members have some close to it maby i could buy thoes

Ground control.
    You have an early model with leveled out fenders so I don't recommend a 6" spring as it will have you sitting with good wheel gap especially at that chosen rate.
    Even with a 5" you might not even want to use the adjuster.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

my rear fender line is lower

Comment

cosmo, ebay civic coil
        Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

ebay civic coils? on a e30??? will those work? jw

Comment

yup they do i was thinking about heating the stock ones to get the height i want then measure thoes to get what length i need for the afftermarket ones.

Comment

I buy some of my coilover springs through summit.
              You can also find them on amazon.com
              Do you know what diameter & height?

Comment

Originally posted by XvillainousX View Post
                I buy some of my coilover springs through summit.
                You can also find them on amazon.com
                Do you know what diameter & height?
                now thanks to another member i no i want a 5in spring in the rear the id im guessing would be 1.75 to fit stock?? correct me if i am wrong
                thanks

Comment

youd most likely want to get into a 2.25 or 2.5" spring, much easier to come by. then use some sort of centering ring or rubber bushing to keep it in place. i have 750 lb 5" springs on the back of my 84 318i, sits right about at the top of the tire with a 205/40/17.
                  1984 318i
                  sr20det swapped

Comment

5inch tall spring in the rear is pretty short. You're car is going to be pretty low. What meano lover said about 2.25/2.5 diameter spring is correct. Those are the most common sizes. I ran 2.25 5inch tall spring with nothing else..no factory pads or anything. Note this is for my old lemons car. A problem that will definitely occur is when one side of your trailing arm may extend far enough that the spring will dislocate from its location, and fall out... Ask me how I know... and why I know where to buy replacement springs.. To resolve this I just tethered the control arm to control droop.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ W View Post
                      yup they do i was thinking about heating the stock ones to get the height i want then measure thoes to get what length i need for the afftermarket ones.
                      That won't be valid considering spring RATES.

My 5'' 525lbs rears sat an inch lower than my 5'' 700lbs ones.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

would a 2" ID work for the rear?
                        sigpic
                        85 325e 5spd

Comment

i was looking at H&R 2in id 5in tall and 700lb i found them for like $60 each probably. and yeah i no 5in is low i was sitting about 1in off the ground before but i had to put stock on to get around in seattle.

Comment

bought them it was $120 for both and free shipping also added a short shifter. now all i need is a hub adapter for my quickrelease.

Comment

Working...
                            X