Installed steering rack/knuckle pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed steering rack/knuckle pics

I'm trying to put my steering rack in but for some reason it goes to the 2nd hole on the tab for the passenger side but it doesn't go far enough for the driver's side. I'm thinking maybe it's not far enough into the steering knuckle, that seems to be the only explanation. However, I can't seem to get it any further into the steering knuckle, so I wanted to see how yours looked to see if I do need to shove it in more or if there really is something else throwing me off.

Thanks,
    Darius
    -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

It does sound like the shaft isn't going far enough into the coupler. You do have the pinch bolt out, right?
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

^Yes, and when I do try to put it in it goes in smoothly meaning the splines are in far enough so that it doesn't block the bolt, but when I take the bolt back out I can't get it in any further no matter what I do.
      -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

The pinch bolt both compresses the socket as well as fits into a notch in the spline. The spline has to far enough into the socket for the pinch bolt to engage the notch. So the bolt has to be out when mating the steering rack to the coupler.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
        X