X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you running drifters?

I'm currently drifting my e30,
    I have way too much body roll, so its time for something new
    for all the guys that are drifting what are you running? how do you like it?
    You have Honda = I talk shit

I believe most are running ground control coilovers.

Comment

do you have to weld those guys in?

Comment

looked them up, and thats a no

Comment

Right now Just running JOM "sleeve" overs, will be getting Ksport control pro's here soon. GC's are like god mode I hear.

Comment

God mode huh? are they worth the price?

Comment

That I don't know. =\

Comment

Ast4100's for coils, Are you asking what setup we run in general? Or a specific component. Sway bar, spring rate, etc?

Comment

GC coil require welding in order to achieve any sort of drop. The only thing really better would be ASTs or Moton.

Comment

I'd like to figure out a really stiff shock and spring combo

Comment

Honestly, I ran a set of billi's and some cheap loteck springs that were stiff as hell wit a racing dynamic sway bar set up and was really happy with that, get an LSD diff and some tires and go play

Comment

Originally posted by russhixmo View Post
                        Honestly, I ran a set of billi's and some cheap loteck springs that were stiff as hell wit a racing dynamic sway bar set up and was really happy with that, get an LSD diff and some tires and go play
                        this. With enough technique you don't need much setup. You will need at least m20 power in the dry, however. That said I was able to slide my 318 around with no rear sway, h and r race, billy sports and a s3.73. It was much more consistent when it was damp in the morning. After the track dried up it was difficult to get much angle without over doing it.
                        '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                        NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                        Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

BC coilovers can be ordered in custom rates

GC sleeves/springs can be ordered in custom rates, and you can match those with some uprated Konis...

either way you can get stiff as you like

throw in some sways to keep the car flat along with a LSD diff or welded diff
                          GRIPPY'S*GARAGE

Comment

Bc coils are also a good choice, my buddy runs them on his m5 and they ride like a dream and still have the race feel and performance, not exactly sure what spring rate you would need for an e30 though. I got a buddy who's big into the drift scene. I'll give him a call and get back on here with some numbers if you'd like.

Comment

650/900 ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X