Steering racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering racks

My rack is leaking real bad so I have decided to replace it. I would go with a E30 M3 or a 95 M3 rack if I could get my hands on one, but currently I cannot. Through my work I can get the rack out of a E36 non 95 M3 (all the rest of the E36 racks M3 and non are the same) for $150. Will that work with my nonairbag 89 is? Is it even an improvement upon a E30 i rack? Opinions?

Derek
    sigpic

Re: Steering racks

Originally posted by DarkWing6
    My rack is leaking real bad so I have decided to replace it. I would go with a E30 M3 or a 95 M3 rack if I could get my hands on one, but currently I cannot. Through my work I can get the rack out of a E36 non 95 M3 (all the rest of the E36 racks M3 and non are the same) for $150. Will that work with my nonairbag 89 is? Is it even an improvement upon a E30 i rack? Opinions?

Derek
    Yes, it will work. Yes it is an improvement. I recommend it.

Comment

How much of an improvement are we talking?
      sigpic

Comment

also take the high pressure hose from the e36 and have fun bending it to fit

Comment

Originally posted by MattM20

Is that #4 pictured here?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattM20
            Yeah, it accually wasn't that bad. I kinda cheated though. We had an e30 in the shop that had the Zionsville kit, so I just bent mine to match that hose.

Comment

Working...
            X