No announcement yet.

Camaro Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Called up kyb, gr2's/excel g's are the softest, then gas a adjust, then agx.

Comment

Thanks guys for this thread... It has been informative and very reassuring. I have long wanted to sort out the front shocks in my car since the euro s50 upgrade... Nothing did it good enough.
      I have coil overs up front, 550lb springs and in the rear I'm running 650lb springs on perch with dihatshu rocky 4x4 bilsteins. I'll look into the kyb agx now and report back...
      Cheers once again for some great research
      Signature removed by R3V staff due to a violation of the forum rules

Comment

i dont want to run super stiff shocks. i want a ride that is moderately stiff but not too stiff but not too sofft at the same time. I have 5" 450lb springs in the rear. would gr2s, gas a just, or agx on the lowest setting be good for what im looking for?

Comment

I say go gasajust camaro in the rear

Comment

Im running ST M3 Springs in my 325e, and am considering going the mr2 KYB AGX route for the front. I ordered the bearings already, and know I will have to run spacers since I don't plan to cut the strut tube.

I don't know what strut insert to run in the front. Will the rear mr2 shocks (even at the lowest setting) be too stiff a shock for the ST springs?
            Would the front mr2 shocks be a better choice instead?
            Am I better off just putting down the money for bilsteins and calling it a day?

Comment

If you are planning to go with the MR2 struts in the front, I say just go with the camaros in the rear. I think they are stiff enough and will match. At the end of the day though, everything is subjective and I dont think I am even a good candidate to measure how "stiff" suspension is by just riding in the car. I either like the ride or I dont. I however would like to say that I like the Camaro rears - feels solid. And I have everything Poly in the back with no Sway. As far as the front, I will tell you what my revalved billies feel like once my oil pan is back in.

Comment

Ordered mr2 rear kyb agx shocks today. I will be installing M3 drop links at the same time, so this should really stiffen things up. Now I have to wait for nice enough weather to be motivated to do this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Comment

I've been running AGX's (MR2 fronts / Camaro rears) for a while now, and have quite a few track days on them. I love the combo. I can dial it down for daily use, and really stiffen it up for track days. I am paired with H&R race springs, ST sways.

I'd really like to hear more feedback from other users and what combos you are running
                  1999 540iA - Daily Driver

Comment

I have GE 450/650 springs with camaro gas a just rears and revalved billy fronts especially designed for the setup. I havent had a track day yet but definitely want to try it. but...

This is what I have now and LOVVVE it!

Comment

any other front shocks that will work with out a spacer mod? don't need to be adjustable, just looking for something cheaper than a OEM replacement
                      "I wanna see da boat movie"
                      "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

well i just got my Camaro KYB excel-g rear shocks and pulled my current tokico blues off the rear of my 88 325.

side by side comparison shows the KYB's to be 1.5" shorter then the Tokico's. and pressing on the two of them to my surprise the tokico's are much stiffer then the new KYB's. this has me concerned because i was hoping to pick the back end of my car up a little bit with stiffer shocks. i guess i should have got kyb gas-a-just or agx's but i thought the increased rear weight of the 4th gen camaro would lend to a stiffer shock period. at this point im unsure if i will use these. im sure they would be a nice upgrade from some beat stock shocks, but the fact that they are much easier to compress than the well used tokico blues makes me think they may have been a waste for my car.

any thoughts?
                        Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                        Bimmerbuddies LLC
                        717-388-1256
                        2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                        bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Shocks aren't designed to have effect on ride height, they are designed to control your springs. If you want to adjust your height, it's going to be in the spring, not the shock.
                          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                            Shocks aren't designed to have effect on ride height, they are designed to control your springs. If you want to adjust your height, it's going to be in the spring, not the shock.
                            i understand that is not their intended purpose but putting stiff new shocks in place of beat ones will raise the car up, thats why i no longer rub up front because i replaced cheap Stagg front shocks with new billy sports and it raised the front about an inch.

but with ride height aside these excel g's still are much easier to compress then my old tokico blue's so i dont see them helping me aside from the fact that they are shorter and thus wont let my suspension drop so much when it uncompressed.
                            Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                            Bimmerbuddies LLC
                            717-388-1256

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
                              i understand that is not their intended purpose but putting stiff new shocks in place of beat ones will raise the car up, thats why i no longer rub up front because i replaced cheap Stagg front shocks with new billy sports and it raised the front about an inch.

but with ride height aside these excel g's still are much easier to compress then my old tokico blue's so i dont see them helping me aside from the fact that they are shorter and thus wont let my suspension drop so much when it uncompressed.
                              you are so wrong... spring height is the only thing that will change the level of the car. Shocks stop the movement of springs only.
                              2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                              (Daily Driver)
                              Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                              KW V2 Coilovers
                              VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Originally posted by codyep3 View Post
                                you are so wrong... spring height is the only thing that will change the level of the car. Shocks stop the movement of springs only.
                                Just saying what happens on my car, stiff new shock make it ride at a higher height then blown out old shocks. If you find that impossible to believe the so be it but I don't rub any more so the diffrence is clear to me
                                Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                                Bimmerbuddies LLC
                                717-388-1256

Comment

Working...
                                X