No announcement yet.

Camaro Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. I used the rears. They are only 2" shorter compared to 4" like the fronts.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
    My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
      No. I used the rears. They are only 2" shorter compared to 4" like the fronts.
      If i was to use the MR2 strut inserts with your coilover kit i need to shorten the strut housing right?
      SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
      IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
      BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

^^^ ya. Maybe about 1-1.5 inches.

Comment

You don't need to. You could cut a length of pipe and place it inside the strut tubes to take up the space. Maybe take the old inserts, cut off the bottom two inches in a chop saw, fill it up with sand and weld a disc to the top to seal it. Perfect fitting incompressible spacer that's cheap and lighter then a solid metal spacer. Just spit balling for those who don't want to go low. When you chop it even the highest setting will be around h&r races.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

if i was to use the mr2 rears for the fronts what camber plates do i use? ones that fit bilsteins or koni??

Comment

Originally posted by johnwoo View Post
              if i was to use the mr2 rears for the fronts what camber plates do i use? ones that fit bilsteins or koni??
              Looks like it is square like Koni style. Although there was mention of the threaded shaft end being bigger diameter of the strut bearing for e30's.
              You will have to press out the bearing and find a suitable replacement that will accommodate the bigger shaft for stock strut mounts.
              May be other options on camber plates depending on the brand used.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

The struts have a 15mm diameter so the standard bearings and such will not fit since they are 14mm. I'm going to toss my camber plate sleeve inserts on the lathe and bore them out.

Also just ordered part # 6659k15 from mcmaster.com for the rears.

I was also wondering if the mustang units would be a better choice. They are supposed to be shorter from what i've read and they already have a sleeved inserts

Not sure which year. Can one of you guys who works at a parts store confirm?

or
                Last edited by einstein57; 12-24-2011, 05:09 PM.

www.gecoils.com

Comment

so there is no way to run the mr2 rears in the front with camber plates?

Comment

so there is no way to run the mr2 rears in the front with camber plates?
                    Dude seriously?
                    Your two posts are sandwiching 2 post that answer this very question.

Also mentioned elsewhere in this thread. Read the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                      Dude seriously?
                      Your two posts are sandwiching 2 post that answer this very question.

Also mentioned elsewhere in this thread. Read the thread.
                      lol how about i amend it...without modifications to the plates??

work better for you?

Comment

lol how about i amend it...without modifications to the plates??

work better for you?

Always the option of grinding down the shafts slightly. 1mm seems to be the magic number.

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                          Always the option of grinding down the shafts slightly. 1mm seems to be the magic number.
                          thanks i guess i can always wait to see how einstein's plates come out and if he finds an answer or wait until his strut inserts come out.

Comment

any thoughts on running koni front inserts and the camaro kyb's in the rear? I want to make sure the shortened kyb in the back won't give me any reverse rake/issues.

Comment

Originally posted by go3go View Post
                              any thoughts on running koni front inserts and the camaro kyb's in the rear? I want to make sure the shortened kyb in the back won't give me any reverse rake/issues.
                              A shorter or longer shock will not effect the height of your car.

Comment

Originally posted by go3go View Post
                                I was thinking of probably doing this - using shorter bilstein IX for the fronts and the camaros for the rear. I already have GC camber plates and I didnt want to run into any issues with the kyb fronts to my plates.

Comment

Working...
                                X