Adjusting KW v1 Coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting KW v1 Coilovers

Ok so I took out the bags up front and reinstalled the coilovers. But the car is extremely bouncy, mostly on larger bumps. To the point that when I hit one the front end almost leaves the ground (or seems like it). I feel they are installed correctly, however I dont know if they adjusted right.

The circled adjuster, what is that for? Obviously it adjusts that little spring up top, but what is the purpose of that? Can that be affecting my ride quality? Also could it be because of my snow tires? Im at a loss, because at this point I may scrap the whole system, buy new springs, struts and strut housings and start new.

Thanks for any input :)

looks like you have a preload adjuster for both the main spring and the helper. This seems weird to me. Why not samwhich them toghter. Anyhoo the colar is how you adjust the ride height. As for your bounce issue they may be blown.
    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

The bouncing would most likely be from blown struts

Comment

Well shit. Guess thats nice coilover system down the drain. Probably cost a fortune to replace the strut. Oh well.

Comment

not sure about kw but most companies sell just the replacement struts for about 150 to maybe 300 shipped. is there any fluid or oil around your wheel well?

not sure if thats your picture but i see a lot of rust in the threads probably is blown. just give kw a call im sure they can help you out.

Comment

You can have them rebuilt. Its often cheaper than new stuff.
            sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
            The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

I believe KW uses Koni inserts with their kits. Rebuild cost $135 plus parts and shipping per strut. Might be better off buying just the front inserts from GC and sell off the old inserts to someone who is interested in rebuilding them.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Well I found out today the guy installed them incorrectly. No adjuster for the helper spring, which of course having that there is screwing everything up. There is hope still!

Comment

Working...
                X