Aftermarket Sway bars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Sway bars?

In the UK we have a choice of eibach / H&R.

You guys seem to get a bit more choice, what are suspension techniques stuff like and are there any other choices you guys recommend?

I am rebuilding my 320i Auto (the shame) into a M50b25 manual fully loaded with new or nearly new parts.

Here are my front struts powdercoated with Bilstein inserts, E90 drop hats, new Lemforder top mounts, H&R springs and all new rubbers etc. To be honest this is the trend across the whole car.

Excuse the carpet....

Anyway, where could I buy ST Sway bars fro a good price shipped and what do you guys think of them?

Any comments recommended

With what ever bars you end up with get adjustable end links so you can set them up right.
    I have bought some ST bars from VAC Motorsports. I curently run Ground Control bars. They are blue in color but come with endlinks. Not the best end link hardware but its better than nothing.
    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

search some of the links that pop up on this forum. the flash over on the top right on the page in the main forum menu. there is alot of good stuff in some of those.

Comment

Thanks guys. I will look into the ground control bars. I am building more of a 'fast road' car, I am running WMS brakes front and rear i want a car that will corner and stop better than it will accelerate as it will see lots of twisty country road action!

Thanks for the tips i saw a set of ST sways on ebay but they want $600 to ship them alone! What the hell is that about?

Comment

Im in the market for sway bars myself. I've heard good things about UUC sways but they are out of stock most of the time and Ireland Engineering has a couple to pick from.

Comment

Ok so I did a bit of hunting online and came up with these:

But my favourite is this so far as they appear to ship them for an extra $150 dollars to the UK

ST have a good website too. Anyone know of any better deals on the UUC or IE bars?

Better still any R3V members who are sway bar suppliers?

Comment

Originally posted by Acehye559 View Post
              Im in the market for sway bars myself. I've heard good things about UUC sways but they are out of stock most of the time and Ireland Engineering has a couple to pick from.
              About to be back in stock!

Remember that the UUC kit is the only one that comes truly complete... both bars, all four bushings, new brackets, reinforcement plates, adjustable links for both front and rear.

The really good news is that UUC backorders are about to become a distant memory as our all-new fabrication center is now cranking out awesome BMW parts!
              - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
              Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
                Remember that the UUC kit is the only one that comes truly complete... both bars, all four bushings, new brackets, reinforcement plates, adjustable links for both front and rear.
                Weird, my IE kit came with all that stuff also. It was also weird that they had them in stock and took less then a week to get.

It is good to see that you are trying to solve some problems with your business, hope it works.
                Last edited by 10Toes; 05-03-2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Fergus??
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
                  If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                    Weird, my IE kit came with all that stuff also. It was also weird that they had them in stock and took less then a week to get.
                    Forgot to add that trailing arm repair parts are included also.

I know that most of that stuff used to be optional with all other brands, but you really need them. That's why UUC packages it all that way.

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                    It is good to see that you are trying to solve some problems with your business, hope it works.
                    Thanks!
                    - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
                    Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

Comment

Understand that this is coming from a Spec E30 racer, where little differences mean a lot...

I've tried the IE and ST 22/19mm Spec E30 legal sways and have looked at the UUC parts. But the sways that Bimmerworld sells are superior. All of those come or can be had with all bushings, brackets, reinforcements, links, etc.
                      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

The Ireland rear sway is adjustable, but it's a slider type and tends to float around.
                        sigpic
                        -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

I believe an analysis of the UUC swaybar kit shows several superiorities:

UUC: laser-cut precision ends, not pressed.
                          UUC: complete with contoured trailing arm repair tabs.
                          UUC: complete reinforced front brackets, not just bushings.
                          UUC: welded positive-stops on front swaybar, not free to slide around.
                          UUC: 100% made in USA

Comparing same-diameter bars won't reveal any change in the mathematics of suspension control, but the quality differences affect installation and durability. UUC doesn't license a design from a generic bar manufacturer... we actually make these bars!

Comment

Originally posted by rav320uk View Post
                            Fergus??
                            Yo Rav :)

Thanks for all the comments guys, I have been offered a set of H&R Sways by somebody in the UK that are in VGC apparently for a good price so I am going to see what happens.

UUC looks a good set, I appreciate the comments by UUC themselves, I will definately consider those as an option now

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
                              I believe an analysis of the UUC swaybar kit shows several superiorities:

UUC: laser-cut precision ends, not pressed.
                              UUC: complete with contoured trailing arm repair tabs.
                              UUC: complete reinforced front brackets, not just bushings.
                              UUC: welded positive-stops on front swaybar, not free to slide around.
                              UUC: 100% made in USA

Comparing same-diameter bars won't reveal any change in the mathematics of suspension control, but the quality differences affect installation and durability. UUC doesn't license a design from a generic bar manufacturer... we actually make these bars!
                              Funny, input IE instead of UUC and the same would hold true.

The elephant in the room would also be the adjustability of the front sway bars. Since the OP is in the UK and presumably does NOT need a fixed point SPEC-E30 style bar this would free him up to use an adjustable front sway bar (or move up to the 25mm/22mm IE kit which you'll find on most E30's racing BMW club events or Pro-3).
                              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
                              X