Universal Aero Sport Bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal Aero Sport Bags?

I saw that Rion Morse's E30 has these and was just curious if anyone else had messed with these. For the price ~ $250.00 doesn't seem bad.

Subscribed to hear what people say. Is this supposed to be a setup that you can be "sporty" on?

Been riding in my buddies bagged XB and I love the sound of the air. Ugh. Must have a bagged car soon but it will be a designated show car!
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
      Subscribed to hear what people say. Is this supposed to be a setup that you can be "sporty" on?

Been riding in my buddies bagged XB and I love the sound of the air. Ugh. Must have a bagged car soon but it will be a designated show car!
      Yeah, I want a vert just to bag it out...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Those bags are actually really nice. I wouldn't hesitate to put them on my car at all. Cheap and reliable. Personally though, the price for AirLift bags isn't bad either. Air isn't something you want to skimp out on. So just make your decision only on quality, not price. Usually cheap means cheap.

Sporty and air bags don't really go well together. They act like bags, not coils in a turn.

Taylor
        Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
        Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

I just bought a e30 with coilovers and airbags.... the bags are fun but don't do anything to improve perfomance, but it is fun to tuck half of the tire into the fender well!
          87 'vert~~~~~~~89 s50~~~~~~~~~91 318i~~~~~~~~87 s50~~~~~~~~~R.I.P. '91 318i

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

Originally posted by absolutdog View Post
            I just bought a e30 with coilovers and airbags.... the bags are fun but don't do anything to improve perfomance, but it is fun to tuck half of the tire into the fender well!
            Have any pictures of it? Also do you know what brand?

Comment

These are all the pics of my car on the web i could find... it has KW v1 Coilovers and 2 types of bags on it.. Haven't taken it off yet so I can't tell all specifics

this is the guy that installed it on my car
              When he owned it a couple of years ago
              I have a few records but not all... I know I can't run stock rims without spacers and the the rear trailing arms had to be permanently modded to hold the air bag baskets so I have so buy new TA's

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

You dont HAVE to buy new trailing arms. I take it they ground off the spring centering nipple on the trailing arm? If I was in your situation, I would run a through bolt with a 2.25" diameter piece of pipe or something on the upper end. Basically remake the centering nipple.

Are you thinking about getting rid of the air setup?

Taylor
                Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Would rather just buy stock TA's, so I can keep the modded ones to put the air ride on my soon to be show car e30, plus with the coilovers on the front they cut the perches so to get it off the car i gotta buy another strut tube anyways

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

Good Bags just make sure to mount the plate lower than I did!

Its not low enough for me - but that's what I meant by make sure to put the mounting plate as low as possible - I just used the stock height and thought that would give me enough of a drop, but alas this is not the case I didn't think that there was this much suspension travel on a stock set up. According to my measurements, I thought I would have a 5" drop when air'd out, but by comparison on this thread:

it actually looks like a 2.5" drop
                    Last edited by Paradox; 06-14-2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

If you're on bags, and Funfgan is lower than you, you're doing it wrong. Definitely put those lower down. Shouldn't be too hard, right? Just chop out the rest of what you need, and weld back up.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Just put another lip or two on and you'll be low enough
                        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

I measured it last night I can take out another 1.5" off the mounting point it leave a little under a 1/4" between the plate and the bag. I'm going to tackle that this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                            Just put another lip or two on and you'll be low enough
                            Good thing I'm already lower than you :)

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

New and Improved with fewer inches off the ground

Comment

Working...
                              X