Getting lower suspension and worried about rear camber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting lower suspension and worried about rear camber

Hey guys, I was doing research on a new suspension set up, I'm doing all new bushings and such too. And read that the negative camber in the rear is increased when you go lower. So should I start out by getting like Eccentric trailing arm bushing, or get a camber and toe adjusting kit, or wait to see how bad it is with stock stuff? But I would rather take everything apart once.
    Oh, and I want H&R racing springs with Bilstein sports.
    Thanks

Is this a street car? H&R Race will be a rather rough ride and put your oil pan at risk. If the car is purely a street car H&R Sport springs would be a better choice. The car won't be as low, but the last time I checked you can't see the wheel gaps from the driver's seat.

You can get away with the camber gain that occurs with H&R Race springs, but that is at the expense of tire wear. To fix that you need adjustable front camber plates and adjustable rear camber/toe kits. Eccentric rear trailing arm bushings won't hold their settings. There is some camber gain from H&R Sport springs, but it isn't all that bad.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
    X