why are my tires wearing funny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are my tires wearing funny?

I noticed recently that my ALL STOCK e30 seems to be wearing it' s tires more on the inside, more than the outside. The seems to be the case for all 4 tires and the alignment is straight as an arrow too.

is this normal?

thanks in advance
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

BMW's come stock with more (-) camber than most cars. Normal. If you lower your car it will even be worse.
    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
    (Daily Driver)
    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
    KW V2 Coilovers
    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Could be your rear trailing arm bushings. They can be soft and cause the rear camber and toe to be off. Have you had the front aligned or are you assuming that it's good because it doesn't pull left or right?
      The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
      Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
      2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
      2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

It has nothing to do with rear toe and the trailing arms

BMW build all their cars for performance, therefore, they have 1-2 degrees more negative camber in the stock ride of their cars than most other companies. Even at stock ride height, my inside camber wear is definitely visible, especially on my rear tires. With a dropped ride height, it will be even worse. This is just restating what's already been said however

If it's really an issue for you: camber plates or offset subframe mounts can help you correct our unadjustable camber. Those cost $$$$$ though, but if you want a more run-flat look/wear pattern, those are your feasible options

If you ask me though; I kinda prefer the camber at a lowered height; not hellaflush mind you, but just stanced.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
          It has nothing to do with rear toe and the trailing arms

BMW build all their cars for performance, therefore, they have 1-2 degrees more negative camber in the stock ride of their cars than most other companies. Even at stock ride height, my inside camber wear is definitely visible, especially on my rear tires. With a dropped ride height, it will be even worse. This is just restating what's already been said however

If it's really an issue for you: camber plates or offset subframe mounts can help you correct our unadjustable camber. Those cost $$$$$ though, but if you want a more run-flat look/wear pattern, those are your feasible options

If you ask me though; I kinda prefer the camber at a lowered height; not hellaflush mind you, but just stanced.
          I think you right :)

thanks
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

or........ you can just swap your left and right tires from rim to rim when they start to get worn. You can also play with tire pressure somewhat to help.

just did this on my E36 vert.
            1997 BMW 328ic 5spd sport Moreagrun Metallic
            1989 BMW 325is 5spd with a M50 swap
            2006 Audi A3 6spd DSG sport with APR stg 2

Comment

Working...
            X