No announcement yet.

ST Lowering Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a pic of what the ST 60mm springs look like on an early car.

Before:

After:

The rear has a 7.5mm spring pad in place of stock which I'm most likely going to remove if the rear doesn't settle more. It's got too much rake for my liking at the moment.
    My Eta Build Thread

Comment

Anybody have a set of st springs for sale? Just got an eta and would be nice to put these springs on it

Comment

st springs with e90 drophats...
        finally took a better picture

Comment

I still haven't installed my springs, even though I've had them for a year now!! Does anyone have any recommendations for shocks, besides the obvious Bilstein Sports??? I just can't afford those ......

Comment

Kyb gasajust are good cheap shocks.

Comment

Anyone else feel that these are way to soft in the rear and make your car handle like shit? I'm gonna get some adjusters for the rears and some 10k springs on my 318is to balance it out.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyOg View Post
                Anyone else feel that these are way to soft in the rear and make your car handle like shit? I'm gonna get some adjusters for the rears and some 10k springs on my 318is to balance it out.
                I felt just the opposite. I had them in my eta, and it felt too soft in the front. To be fair, I had the m3 springs, which were intended for a much lighter engine, but even with m3 sway links, it still had too much body roll. The back always felt OK to me..

Comment

Originally posted by Andy.B View Post
                  I felt just the opposite. I had them in my eta, and it felt too soft in the front. To be fair, I had the m3 springs, which were intended for a much lighter engine, but even with m3 sway links, it still had too much body roll. The back always felt OK to me..
                  Ah well i have a 4 cyl, and i got the ones labeled for 318is. I installed then with bilsteins and they sat on the bumpstops, so they must feel like shit up front for an eta. If i press down on the front of my car it hardly budges, but if i push down on the back it feels squishy. Decided I'm gonna order 600# rear springs and adjusters for the rear.

Comment

Finally got the bad boys put on. Also did a suspension refresh. And added some fresh wheels and tires.

I measured from the floor through the center of each wheel to the top of the fender. Rear is at 23 inches and front is at 23.5 inches. Not sure about the oil pan clearance. But I haven't hit it yet so that's good ....

I installed these with kyb shocks and am pretty happy at this point.

Car is still dirty and needs some body work so please excuse that ... But regardless here are some pics

Rims are 15x8, 5 mm spacers up front with 205/50/15, no spacers in the rear with 205/55/15.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X