Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2.4" or 1.6" drop billy HD or Sport Help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.4" or 1.6" drop billy HD or Sport Help please!

Im worried about bottoming out if I do an even 2.4" drop Apex springs on Billy Sport Shocks, im looking for recommendations, advice, or exp on the drop. Im also wondering if using the HD Shocks in stead of the sport shocks will help avoid bottoming out issues; also will i need to worry about fender roll or putting a camber kit on (because i really want to avoid this at all cost)? all of this will be sitting on 17" rims. while doing this, do the following parts need to be replaced or will they be fine: tie rods, ball joints, sub frame,control arm bushing/trailing arm?
    hell idk sometimes you just have to wing it. JW

You want to use Sports.
    HDs have different valving.
    When lowering a car, always use a sport shock if you had to pick one.
    Further more you can cut the bump stop inside the sport shock to gain extra ~1 -1.5 inch of travel (This is completely optional).
    » PARTS FOR SALE
    » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

You may want to invest in a set of camber plates in the future to prolong the tread life of your tires. Not required though.
      Since you are trying to avoid extra costs, have all other components that you mentioned inspected. Replace only if needed/advised by a tech.
      If they are factory parts and never been replaced than they probably need to be replaced.
      It all depends on how the car was driven for the last 20 years.
      » PARTS FOR SALE
      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Thanks, I was originally thinking of going that route, but reading some of these forms can really knock your own confidence and add a very dense FOG. that's a great idea with the bump stops and camber plates, the only reason im really avoiding the camber plates are because 1 i never dabbled with them and 2 that stomach crunching look that so many plp are starting to put on cars, the one where it does more damage,looks horrible, and severs no practicality .

Comment

Camber plates are not nessecary with most drops. I use a set of ie street plates with a pair of factory e30 crash hats only becaus I wanted to replace the strut top bushings anyway and this way I have the option to set camber to stock or up to -2 deg should I desire to. I like the ability to adjust but it's not required but I would reccomend street type camber plates that allow you to use the factory strut bushings if the car is a daily driver.
          Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
          Bimmerbuddies LLC
          717-388-1256
          2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
          bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
            Camber plates are not nessecary with most drops. I use a set of ie street plates with a pair of factory e30 crash hats only becaus I wanted to replace the strut top bushings anyway and this way I have the option to set camber to stock or up to -2 deg should I desire to. I like the ability to adjust but it's not required but I would reccomend street type camber plates that allow you to use the factory strut bushings if the car is a daily driver.
            you know i just bumped into that plate yesterday, and said that would be perfect, the camber plates look like the would give a harsh ride, being the fact that metal and urethane,the i know is says it raises the drop 3/8" which would bring me back to roughly 2" drop which is really what i would love to have, do they have any thing to raise the back the same distance, i could always use the the thicker rubber pads for the springs in the rear. its def going to be a daily driver.

Comment

Working...
            X