Suspension Upgrade Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension Upgrade Question

So since my bonus check is coming up, I was looking at fixing / upgrading my boat suspension on my convertible. I hear that Ireland Engineering is pretty good when it comes to that stuff. Anyways, I need something that will be comfortable as a daily driver and good enough to occasionally track / take to autocross or similar events. It'd be a plus if the springs and what not were adjustable in-case I get new wheels in the near future.

Anyways, advice would be appreciated on what setup to go with.

Thanks,
    Spencer (Turge)

h&r sport/bilstein sport - comfy not so awesome
    h&r race/bilstein sport - not so comfy more awesome

Comment

Just get it all over with in one hit.
      Get GC's with similar specifications to H&R race, with plates and RSM's.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
        Just get it all over with in one hit.
        Get GC's with similar specifications to H&R race, with plates and RSM's.
        I agree, it's really not that much more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by frankie591 View Post
          h&r sport/bilstein sport - comfy not so awesome
          h&r race/bilstein sport - not so comfy more awesome
          Oh note, if you are on stock springs and shocks, you WILL notice a big difference in going to H&R sport and Bilstein sport. It'll feel like a different car if what you have right now is shot dead ;-)

That said, I'm running H&R sport, and want to go H&R or similar with my bonus check, but I do not DD my car. I drive it when I want to do track days, need to get some driving machine weekend fun it, or need the streets of Seattle to do spinal readjustment
          -------------------------------------------------
          1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
          2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

Working...
          X