Aftermarket Steering Wheel Depth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Steering Wheel Depth?

Quick question to those of you who have aftermarket steering wheels (IE Sparco, Momo, etc) :

These wheels are sold w/ varying depths - some are flat (as in, the center metal part of the steering wheel is flush / level with the rim), and some are "dished". Some are 35mm deep, or 65mm deep, or even 90mm deep --- for example.

Are any of you using dished wheels? How deep? And with or without a spacer of any kind?

I'm medium height and build, and thinking about starting w/ a 350mm diameter wheel w/ a 65mm or so deep dish.

Thanks!

You can use spacers as well.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Mine is flat, but i would go with a 65mm offset if I were to do it again.

Comment

Go with a dished wheel.. that way you don't need a spacer and the wheel is closer to you...

Comment

Originally posted by Bavarian3
          Go with a dished wheel.. that way you don't need a spacer and the wheel is closer to you...

Thanks for that!

How dished is dished enough? Is a 90mm wheel TOO deep? 65mm seems like it would be just about right... ?

Comment

I think it depends on what adapter you use. I have seen personally here, 2 different ones, a short one, and one really long one.
            the one in that pic is the same as the short ones i have seen. the long one, with my flat RAID wheel, was really uncomfortable, and that wheel was totally flat.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler
              I think it depends on what adapter you use. I have seen personally here, 2 different ones, a short one, and one really long one.
              the one in that pic is the same as the short ones i have seen. the long one, with my flat RAID wheel, was really uncomfortable, and that wheel was totally flat.
              What do you have now?

Are you a similar height (5'10'') ?

Comment

I have a EVO III M tech II wheel now.
                yes, I am about the same height, but I kinda sit far back, not quite ghetto, but not ready to race. and with the seat in the lowest position.

Comment

It really depends on your body type( arm/leg length, etc..... your preferences etc........you should try out some differing set ups........I am @ 5 11 w/ a 33 shirt sleeve.....and I sit w/ about 70 degree bend in my arm........and I run a 350mm.....I would not go smaller

I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan
                    It really depends on your body type( arm/leg length, etc..... your preferences etc........you should try out some differing set ups........I am @ 5 11 w/ a 33 shirt sleeve.....and I sit w/ about 70 degree bend in my arm........and I run a 350mm.....I would not go smaller

I sit pretty straight up - I'm not into the Pimp Lean thing...

I won't go smaller than 350mm in diameter, I'm thinking about the appropriate depth of the wheel, to get it the correct distance from my body. How deep is your wheel, Joel, and are you using any spacers?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X