No announcement yet.

Cabby suspension time lookin for sugestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I purchased my car it came with Eibachs Pro's (iC specific) and wornout oem boge shocks, not a good combo. Replaced them with KYB's Gas-O-Matics and they never blew., not the best set-up but perfect for every day driving., actually KYB's are pretty stiff when compared to oem units.

Rear sag it's an easy fix, oem spring pads come in 3 different thickness, you can double them to achive desire height.

H&R coilovers are a whole different game, was told that my set was calibrated for a 325iC.
    In case you happen to get in touch with them, here's rates...

325iC M Tech 2 springs are about 3/4" lower than standart 325iC models.
    Perhaps a bit stiffer on front, rear requirements should be same between 318iC and 325iC

Rear M3 and M Tech 2 swaybars are 14.5mm thick, that's 2.5mm wider than ours and urethane bushings are availble.

upgrading to urethane bushings on your front & rear bars will also yield good results, IE does not carry 22mm front units but RD's / Eibachs and others (upgraded/bigger bars = same as front cabrio bars) do have those bushings, so source them there.

I have a pic or 2 of my car with Eibachs/KYB's and bottle caps but can't find them.

Comment

Anyone have H/R sports that were made for the cab? I would like to see how much they lower.
      Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Im running them with the Bilstein Sports. Picture about 6 posts back in THIS thread.

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert
          I can totally notice a difference in size from the 16's to the 17's.

Mine are the 16 x 7.5 , but may be the 16 x 9's- Cant recall.

Bilstein Sports / H & R Sports - retained the spring hats in the rear and there is no spare in the trunk. I could remove the spring hats and throw in a spare and that might drop the rear a tad, but serioulsy looking into Ground Control / Koni as my next step up. If you go this route then we should see about getting another group buy going on this combo so we can save some $. ??
          I am interested in a GC Group Buy too.

Comment

mark.

you don't need gc's, because you already r3v'ed the car at stock height.

get h&r sports, maybe races (you live in the boonies, so I may suggest sports over race) and bilsteins - maybe konis if you want adjustability.

I love my cabby setup (hr race bil sport) - some thicker sways and bigger wheels, better and bigger rubber and I'll be more than happy.

Comment

Originally posted by mgold View Post
              If your wondering how well GC works on a 318ic, check with aaron_silva, he's running GC on his '91 318ic. I'm running E30 M3 stock springs on my cabrio.

Hi, what shocks are you running with the M3 springs and how do you like the ride, are the H&R M3 springs a good choice? They are $200 on ebay.
              sigpic
              WTB-Strut Bar

Comment

oem M3 springs are perfect for everyday driving, $ 75 shipped from guy at s14.net

I'm on them with 225/50/15 and Bils HD fronts and Sport rear shocks.

Comment

whatever you do, DON'T get the H&R Cup Kit
                  R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Working...
                  X