Who is running short Koni's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is running short Koni's

Who one here is running the short Koni front struts? What do you think about them? Any problems?
    My Front struts are blown, so I'm thinking if going this route, and then when the funds allow, going coilovers and shortening the housings.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Originally posted by rs4pro3
    Who one here is running the short Koni front struts? What do you think about them? Any problems?
    My Front struts are blown, so I'm thinking if going this route, and then when the funds allow, going coilovers and shortening the housings.
    You mean the ones Koni says are for MTech suspension? If so, I have 'em. They seem fine-I've not had any issues...

Comment

no the ones GC sells, that have a shorter body then stock.

Comment

I have the GC shortened konis. I believe they are 4 inches shorter than the stock ones. They send you a spacer to compensate for this. I am planning on cutting 2 inches off of my strut housings and raising the perches up to give me more suspension travel.
        Supposedly these are also 25-30 percent stiffer than the regular koni SAs.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Nick

Comment

ok cool, thanks. so you've been running them for a while with the spacers? I guese my main question is do you noticed a differences at all with them when compared to a bilstein sport or such.
          Last edited by rs4pro3; 02-16-2006, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I went from the H&R cupkit to the shortened konis. So I noticed a very large difference. No experience with the Bilsteins though.

Nick

Comment

thanks

Comment

koni's

I have run the GC shortened koni shocks up frt.......w/ spacer and no probs.
                I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

These are ONLY shortened at the FRONT, correct? NOT shortened in the rear?

Comment

ya from what' I've found yes.

Comment

Working...
                    X