H&R spring difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R spring difference

Looked at my rear springs under the H&R stamp and numbers said 50424.88. when i look that up it says e36 rear H&R race springs. Uh what?
    the fronts are Eibach pro kit. I received these hand me down springs from my Uncles 87 325ic. I plan on cutting 1.25 coil in the front plus adding e90 drop hats. Not sure if i should get different springs.

E36 springs fit. After a few man sodas one night my friend convinced me to lower my e30 on some E36 PSS9 springs I had laying around from my parts car. Rode like shit on the bump stops of stock shocks, but they did fit.
    88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
    We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
      E36 springs fit. After a few man sodas one night my friend convinced me to lower my e30 on some E36 PSS9 springs I had laying around from my parts car. Rode like shit on the bump stops of stock shocks, but they did fit.
      With billy sports on i have about 3 coils un sprung it looks like. Guess i got lucky. I'm sure the spring rate is waaaay off though.

Comment

I played around with like 4 different spring setups on my last e30 and the setup that was by far the best in handling, and sort of in ride, was e30 tokico drop springs in the front (they were red...all I know), and e36 H&R races in the rear. Also had crappy tokico blue struts all around.

But, tokico rear was way to soft, e30 h&r race was too high and a little too soft, h&r fronts were too stiff, e36 rears were stiff enough that my tires wouldn't rub (rubbed on the other three), but were the lowest of them all. I've owned a lot of cars and driven a few e30s, and that was by far the best setup.

So in other words...if you don't want the e36 rears...lmk. Lol.

Comment

Working...
        X