Lowering an E30 What way to go? DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering an E30 What way to go? DD

I want to lower my DD e30. I don't know whether to drop equally all around or more in the front.

I was thinking about going with vogtlands which would drop it 1.8inches all around
    or
    H&Rs 1.25f and .75 rear.

I don't want to take it to the track, I just want a more "stance look" and better cornering ( I know some great windy backroads that I can really open it up)

I'm open to ideas.
    Sorry for being vague.

You might want to look at this thread for the visual aspect your looking for http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=96461. Most people run hr sports with bilstien sport shocks. It just depends on how low you want to go, since cabrios have deeper rockers so it will be closer to the groind vs coupes/sedans. You can take a look at my coupe in person and see if you want your cabrio lower or higher. Compared to my cabrio my coupe is ~2-2.5 in front , 1.5 in rear. And since you want to get better handling a strut bar is a must on a vert, or upgrade your sway bars further.

Comment

Originally posted by newman8r View Post
      I want to lower my DD e30.
      I don't want to take it to the track, I just want a more "stance look" and better cornering ( I know some great windy backroads that I can really open it up
      In for when you Scandinavian flick, and r3v your shit.

Comment

I found it interesting that TurnerMotorsports recommends front camber plates on most cars before upgrading swaybars. Also the Alpina 325ic used special strut mounts for more camber as well. I can't recall the Alpina sway bar sizes but they tended to be pretty conservative.
        Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

I love my bavauto springs. Them and billies were around $700 total and perfect for a DD.
          Originally posted by Andy.B
          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
          1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
          ~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

^ +1 my previous e30 came with bavauto's springs and billies and i liked them.

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

I feel my bav auto springs too soft, but then again im running full length struts/shocks so I bottom out on out on out shitty roads.

Comment

E30 m3 springs. About an inch drop all around.

Comment

yeah theyre a little soft but perfect for a DD, add good shocks to the mix and its a decent setup. H&R race would be good though too.

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

Where do you get e30 m3 Springs?

Comment

If you can't source e30 m3 springs, H&R OE sports are an excellent alternative.
                      1981 320is, Alpine White, 5 speed (Sold)
                      1992 318is, Brillantrot, 5 speed (Sold)
                      1996 328i, Montreal Blau, 5 speed (Sold)
                      1991 325i Coupe, Alpine White II, 5 speed (Current)

Comment

I wouldn't bother with m3 springs, there 25 years old already! Defiantly not as strong as they were when new. Buy new or used with low millage.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                        1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                        1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                        1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                        1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                        1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                        Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                        1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                        1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

I bought my m3 springs off this forum for $100. Just post a WTB thread and you will get many offers. Mine have about 100,000 miles before the guy switched to coils. I haven't got around to installing the front because I'm waiting for my KYB's to come in that were $30 each, but the rears were simple to replace. Took 20 minutes both sides.

Comment

Yeah I'm running m3 springs that were like $120 and KYB front and rear on my vert and like it a lot. I also have IE 22/19 sways and m3 CAB's. It didn't break the bank but it's effective.
                            Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

H&R Sports with a competent sway setup is what I've always run. Keeps the ride decent, and lets you open up. Remember that back roads are rarely silky smooth, having a bit of extra travel to soak up the rough patches really help.
                              Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                              A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                              X