Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what company makes purple suspension parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what company makes purple suspension parts?

Picked up another e30 today and it has some shocks with purple on them up towards the top. Didn't get a good enough look at the to verify what kind they were. Owner said they were aftermarket performance.
    Anyone know?

Powerflex makes purple suspension parts. Mostly bushings and stuff tho.

edit: KW has purple pieces on their coil over kit
    Last edited by clint-o-matic; 05-27-2014, 09:47 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

When I get a chance I will confirm, i remember purple and yellow. Seems to match the KW coilovers, would be nice, I can swap out with the stock stuff on my 89 325i. Was just about to drop around $500-800 on some shocks and springs.
      Last edited by R1ckM; 05-27-2014, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Do you want coilovers or sport suspension? E30's are good with sport suspension (Bilstein/H&R combo) as daily driver. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Honestly I would rather have some billy hd's with h&r sports but these are free given I take the time to swap them out off my parts car.
          more money I can use towards new seats, all new lighting, paint job, wheels.

Comment

D2 coilovers also has purple on them. Probably more likely if the PO couldn't name the brand--imo someone who buys a KW coilover set would remember the name, D2 are near bottom of the range and generally pretty cheap.
            '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
            NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
            Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

ohh turned out to be even better.

The rear seemed to be in good condition for sure. The front springs have a bit of rust or dirt on them, not sure what yet till i get em off.
              Got the rear shocks and springs swapped over now, seems to be about a 2 inch drop. Gotta wait till sunday to get the fronts...

Comment

Working...
              X