What coilovers are you running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What coilovers are you running?

I'm looking to buy some coilovers for my 24v swap car. Brands that I'm interested in buying are GC, BC, CATuned, and Megan racing.
    I see most people use GC, but I would like to know your experience if any with the other brands mentioned. I personally was leaning towards the BC coils. Haven't heard much feedback on the CATuned ones, your opinions are appreciated.
    sigpic

my blue car is on GC/konis and all rubber bushings. rides smooth as stock but handles well. i've driven many other e30s on GC with camber plates. still very DDable but great for autoX. i will only buy GCs or better for future cars.
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

BC and Megan are made in the same factory on different days. There's a long-standing bitchfest about the CATuned ones also being from there, with no hard evidence either way.

are you looking to go lower, or to make your car handle properly?
      cars beep boop

Comment

I ran Koni/GC's, now I run AST 5200 Doubles. I will never run cheap run of the mill shocks again.

All i will say is, you get what you pay for. Unless your spending 3k+ on suspension youre wasting your money unless your just trying to lower the car...

Comment

Have you looked into K-Sports?? They are pretty decent for the money. I know a few racers that run them that are happy with them. They're no Penske/Moton/Ohlins/AST but they are pretty decent.

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
            BC and Megan are made in the same factory on different days. There's a long-standing bitchfest about the CATuned ones also being from there, with no hard evidence either way.

are you looking to go lower, or to make your car handle properly?

More performance than Low, I'm in nyc anyway can't go too low, I plan on tracking the car on weekends and drive on weekdays, I've had a GTI with KW v1s and love that ride, I'm looking for that similar performance
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bglad View Post
              Have you looked into K-Sports?? They are pretty decent for the money. I know a few racers that run them that are happy with them. They're no Penske/Moton/Ohlins/AST but they are pretty decent.

The only brand I know that you listed is AST and I don't even know how to purchase those, I've tried b4 and couldn't find a vendor
              sigpic

Comment

You should check out if you can get a set of GAZ coils shipped over. They're a UK company and make pretty nice stuff.
                cars beep boop

Comment

KW's? So much to learn young grasshopper ;) How have you never heard of the others?! They are the leading brands in performance shock technology. They are spendy ($3-10k) I paid over $5k for my shocks just to fill you in. You should contact Truchoice too as they do great work to rework the Konis for not much more money than a Koni/GC setup. I was looking at doing the V4 from them before I settled on AST.

sales@astsuspensionusa.com or mtang@astsuspensionusa.com (Michelle Tang)

Segera bermain game slot online dengan menggunakan deposit slot pulsa tanpa potongan bersama agen slot online terpercaya

Comment

Originally posted by jrockbk View Post
                    More performance than Low, I'm in nyc anyway can't go too low, I plan on tracking the car on weekends and drive on weekdays, I've had a GTI with KW v1s and love that ride, I'm looking for that similar performance
                    Then get KW's for the E30 haha.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                      Then get KW's for the E30 haha.

They discontinued e30 applications
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bglad View Post
                        KW's? So much to learn young grasshopper ;) How have you never heard of the others?! They are the leading brands in performance shock technology. They are spendy ($3-10k) I paid over $5k for my shocks just to fill you in. You should contact Truchoice too as they do great work to rework the Konis for not much more money than a Koni/GC setup. I was looking at doing the V4 from them before I settled on AST.

sales@astsuspensionusa.com or mtang@astsuspensionusa.com (Michelle Tang)

http://www.truechoicekoniracingservices.com/

True choice koni catalog is very appealing but didn't see any e30 applications only e36 and newer
                        sigpic

Comment

I have German Engineering coilovers from r3v member einstein57, and am extremely happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by jrockbk View Post
                            True choice koni catalog is very appealing but didn't see any e30 applications only e36 and newer
                            Just call them. they do a lot of PRO3/Spec E30 stuff, so I know they can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy.B View Post
                              I have German Engineering coilovers from r3v member einstein57, and am extremely happy with them.

How much did you pay for the setup? And did you cut or weld your strut housings?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X