Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD Suspension setup?

Hey R3v, noob checking in here.

Just got an E30 91 318is a couple weeks ago and I'm loving it. It has it's issues but little by little, I'm getting there.

So I guess the PO decided to cut the springs on the car and it rides pretty bad and uncomfortable. You can also here raddeling and clunking around the back.
    The struts and shocks also look like they're the original 23 year old parts.

Was just wondering what some of you guys were running in your cars. I'm looking for something comfortable that handles well. This is gonna be a DD. Low isn't a real priority at the moment (don't get mad at me LOL).

Also, what else do you guys recommend changing while I'm gonna replace the struts, shocks, and springs.

Thanks.
    Last edited by davidayeee; 06-23-2014, 01:39 PM.

For aggressive handling: HR Race and Billie sports or Konis

For better then stock handling and ok ride: HR Sports and Billie Sports or Konis

For Stockness: HR OE Sport Springs and billies/konis

You get the pattern, whatever you want + billies or konis and youll do fine.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

I think I'm gonna go with those. Seems pretty good to me, what do you guys think.

Also, what else should I get while I'm already doing this.

Thanks R3v

Comment

Control arms & bushings, tie rods, rear trailing arm bushings, front/rear upper strut/shock mounts, subframe bushings, sway links & bushings. Essentially everything related to the suspension/steering.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
        X