Suspension DIY help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension DIY help

Okay so I just got my billy sports and h&r race springs in the mail today and I've been trying to get my front shock tower out for a while now. I got my tie rod out on one end and nothing out on the other. My question is what's the best way of going about removing the ball joint from the hub? I just got my control arms replaced a month or so ago so I'm not trying to damage it lol. Thanks in advance
    sigpic

Threading the nut on so it's flush with the stud and hitting with a hammer has worked for me. If that doesn't work Harbor Freight (and everyone else) sells a separator that works well
    sigpic

Comment

^ best bang for my buck for a tool I have ever bought. like 15 bucks, and I have used it countless times already. No more ripped ball joint boots from pickle forks, no more squashed or damaged threads from hammering with a nut on the threads. ball joint separators were a gift god bestowed upon the earth and everybody should experience the joy.

Also when you have a really stuck ball joint it is fun to use the tool and wait for the gunshot when the taper finally pops out. It's like playing Russian roulette with every crank of the leverage bolt.

Comment

Working...
      X