im looking for a good fully adjustable coilover setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im looking for a good fully adjustable coilover setup

Im building a drift e30 and someday rally and im looking for a really good setup that ill never have to replace as I move up in skill

ground control

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

We tend to help those who first try and help themselves. This question has been asked many many times before.

Here's a good google search to get you started.

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Well I did try and help myself and I'm building a suspension right now but I like to know peoples opinion which is why I'm asking. I can look around all day but I'm already here so I might as well ask people directly due to developments in e30 knowledge, what you're showing me is old and much progress has been made since then so I would appreciate peoples recent input.

Comment

There's lots of opinions if you search. You can (and should) be looking into it yourself. As for E30 "knowledge" good quality setups haven't changed much in the last 6-8 years. Suspension isn't software, it doesn't automatically update every half a year.

The only thing that's drastically different is the advent of the Tawainess tide of private-labeled setups. Regardless of opinion, those kits are not a "forward step" in technology, in fact it's a bit more of a backwards step technically speaking.

You'd be hard pressed to do wrong by looking into kits sold by Ground Control, TC Kline, Ireland Eng., German Eng., AST, KW, Moton, etc. Bear in mind you will need to change spring rates and dampening depending on what your doing (drift, ralley).

Here's a freebie for you, as recent as TODAY.
          Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.
          ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Appreciated I just don't see what's so wrong with asking experienced people before aimlessly rummaging through inexperienced opinions. In the future when I become more experienced I will never hesitate to share everything I know to an infinite number to those that need it. Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by zambizzi View Post
              Appreciated I just don't see what's so wrong with asking experienced people before aimlessly rummaging through inexperienced opinions. In the future when I become more experienced I will never hesitate to share everything I know to an infinite number to those that need it. Thanks for your help
              The problem isn't that your have the question. The problem is that it has been answered a hundred times over if you searched for it. There are countless entire threads devoted to it. There are stickies about it. The people who know the answers have already documented the answers. They are there for you to learn from, if you just search.

Comment

I just don't know what to look for

Comment

There are many price points, why don't you tell people your budget so your choices can be narrowed and advice more specific.
                  88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

Working...
                  X