Coilovers for Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilovers for Touring

Whats up everyone, my 320i touring is my first E30 so i'm still not very familiar with the cars in general. I've got lowering springs on the car right now from the previous owner. I'm looking to get coilovers so i can get adjustable ride height. Living out here in Germany i have to comply with the ride height restrictions come inspection time.

Are the kits that are sold for the sedans the same specs as what i would need for the touring? Don't want to spend a crazy amount on a setup but i'm also not looking for cheap quality parts. Can do about $1k for a setup, possibly more if it's worth spending a little extra. If anyone can clear this up for me and also possibly make some recommendations on a good kit to order i'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Pretty sure all e30s used the same subframe geometry including rear trailing arms (which would be the only thing I would think they would change on tourings IF they did anything to them)

For your range, I'd recommend GC; they can get you a good starter kit for $1k and can get better from there depending on budget. Fully adjustable springs so it'd be perfect for your setup.

Other options for your range would include GE (if Nigel decides to sell them again) and CATuned coils. CATuned has a fully adjustable setup for around $1k. I'm pretty sure all 3 manufacturers will ship internationally

Comment

Yes, all suspension components for the tourings are, for all intents and purposes, the same.

Also, aren't KW coils only like $1500 usd? For me if you have a $1000 budget, I'd save a bit longer and just get those.
      For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
      Originally posted by mbonanni
      I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

So looks like

or

Depending on where you're ordering from. Just outside of your budgeted price, but I'd say probably worth it.
        For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
        Originally posted by mbonanni
        I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

I have the GC Street setup on my touring and it ride very nice.

If you are in Europe I would consider the KW V1's

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Working...
          X