how do i adjust front toe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i adjust front toe

when refreshing the entire front end suspension installed m3 offset bushings and some new tie rod ends etc. i counted the number of threads i could see on the previous tie rods and matched it when i installed the new ones. i guess i should have account for some changes seeing as how i lowered the suspension. I cant find any info on how to adjust the front toe. just moving it leaves tire on the ground. i need to have it aligned enough to take it for a professional aligment.

help much appreciated. its a 318is if that matters. ive found SOME info but tis not very clear. where is this lock nut im supposed to release?

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ront-end-Toehe lock nut is at the end of the tie rod I think it's a 13mm.
    Post number 2 should answer your question

Comment

where the outer tie meets the inner tie is no nut. the outer tie threads into the inner tie and then a sort of screw clamp holds it together : / when i loosen. do i lose that then spin the inner rode while holding the outer steady with a 13mm??

Comment

i found a bentley manual PDF so im good thanks!

Comment

Loosen the clamp then spin the rod

Comment

so i found out the problem. I did follow the instructions and understand how to adjust the settings however, the driver side tie rod end seems to be seized in comparison to the passenger side which turns effortlessly. I was able to adjust the one side which should allow me to get to a shop without leaving a trail. This is beyond strange because i replaced both tie rods with brand new ones so why is it one side is fkd and the other isnt : /

Comment

Working...
            X