Need help choosing shock setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help choosing shock setup

I just picked up a set of used IE Stage 3 springs and had problems during the install due to a worn stock strut. Now my E30 is chillin on a jackstand waiting for a nice set of shocks which I feel is something I should install while I'm there.

My wants are a good price, strong dampening and adjustability if it can be had with the other two. I'm leaning very hard towards Koni Sports right now because it seems to have all 3. I'm also considering SpecE30 Bilsteins. My questions are how hard the Koni's are relative to the Billy's and whether they are single adjustable or double. I hear Koni's are harder which would probably skew the deal towards them for me. If they are single adjustable I would like to know if they make a double adjustable shock set for our cars or if there is another competitively priced set I should be looking at.

Thanks.

Honestly i really like the way kyb rides. If ur looking for good quality and good price id go with that.

You can run the kyb agx from a camaro (80's to early 90's) if you're looking for adjustability. You'll just have to press in new bushings that fit the e30.

I want to run billy sports up front and agx in the rear but for now im on standard KYBs with racing dynamic springs and im very happy with the results. Stiff enough to enjoy going through the mountains but not to stiff to where its uncomfortable to cruise.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X