steering making noise....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering making noise....

my car recently has been making some noise everytime i turn wen im parking. wen im driving i dont here anything. but sometimes after ive been driving around for awhile i dont hear the sound anymore. i checked if there was fluid and there was plenty. everytime i steered all the way to each side while not moving the fluid would leak out from the top cap of the fluid resevior. i checked for leaks cause i believe there is air in the system cause everytime i would steer and it would make the noise i would see air bubbles come up form inside the resevior. i didnt find anywhere leaking. the sounds is like chubackas from star wars in my car.....anybody know whats up?

also if it is the steerinig rack which i was also told would a 1986 318i steering rack fit?? thanks!

Maybe the power steering belt is slipping under load?

Comment

Originally posted by redhatpat
      Maybe the power steering belt is slipping under load?

well it is kinda new...couple months....should i just change the belt?

cause it kinda did start happening when i removed the belt and put it back on. before that it never made that noise.

Comment

just tighten it?

Comment

Originally posted by e304me
          just tighten it?
          well i thought it was tight enough but i guess not... il try and see what happens...thanks!

Comment

Try flushing it, sometimes the power steering resivour collects dirt. And be sure you are using ATF fluid.
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Hi.
              Mine does the same.
              When i start the car, i ear a zzzzzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzzzzzzz everytime i turn the steering.
              After i ride a few minutes the zzzzzzzzzz goes away.

The sound is like you reach the end of the turning and keep pushing.

Comment

has anyone figured this out yet? Mine does it too

Comment

The only time I have ever noticed such things is if my PS fluid level is low.

Comment

Working...
                  X